Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
My account used to be in the Canadian iTunes store with the attendant Canadian credit card, address, etc

However, I recently moved to the US and have changed my credit card, address, etc to the US. As such, I have also changed the "Region" of the account to US.

However, now under my "Purchased" tab (either this be in iTunes, the Mac App Store, etc), all of my purchased items are now gone. Is there a way to get them back? For the vast majority of them - e.g. Angry Birds - I am certain they should be available in both the Canadian and American App stores.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
You can only access your purchased items while using the store you purchased them from (see here). It's not possible to transfer your purchases from the Canada store to the US store.

If you switch back your region to Canada, you should be able to download them again though. It might be better to create a new account in the US so you can keep downloading and updating your existing items through the old one. It's possible to use items from multiple stores in parallel on iOS devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.