New iWork with Realtime Collaboration

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 212rikanmofo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

Was there any info on when this will be out? I heard the release is imminent, but does anyone have more details on this?

2. marka351 macrumors member

marka351

I am hoping that they add more features than just collaboration.

3. dvoros macrumors 6502

This was a shocker and a let down. I forgot that Apple once made great software. You never hear of any updates. I was also let down as I thought they were going to introduce something revolutionary. Sharing and collaboration.....old news and stale. What happened to their software teams? Photos needs new books, cards, newsletters, etc., iMove sucks, iDvid is no longer, garage band is left in the dust.....what is going on?

4. neutrino23, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Keynote Live looks very cool for a first iteration. It needs annotation like the remote app and voice over would be great.

They imply that more than one viewer is allowed. Has anyone seen what the upper limit is?

I was hoping for linked text boxes in Pages. Maybe in the macOS version coming next week.

5. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

$$$

6. notrack macrumors 6502

Afaik it will be for Pages 6.0, Numbers 4.0 and Keynote 7.0 on macOS Sierra. That's what the support page says. So I assume it will be out with Sierra. It doesn't say whether the number of participants is limited.