New Jailbreak better than Spirit???

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by orlandocano, May 27, 2010.

1. orlandocano macrumors regular

Let me start off by saying I have never jailbroken an apple product before, but I would love to be able to multitask on the ipad now (and not in the fall!) so i have been doing my research. So if this post is dumb or makes me a noob, theres no need to rub it in my face... i realize, i dont know much about any of this stuff yet and thats why i am on these forums!!!

It seems like most of you did the Spirit Jailbreak which is what I was going to go with.

But then I found this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y3UIRoGGmQ

In the comments, the user who posted the video claims that this is much more stable than the spirit jailbreak.... anybody using this instead of spirit???

2. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

First thing i noticed it was being done on a PC. Jailbreaking wi spirut was much easier and so much more straightforward,and faster than this

I'm not sure why anyone would want to go with an unkown factor when trying to do something like this.

As far as I know read there have been no problems with spirit so why not go with the thing that works best and for the most. Appreciate you research and eating to be cautious but you could be multi tasking now instead of starting threads mate!

3. orlandocano thread starter macrumors regular

I was actually youtubing instructions on how to do the spirit jailbreak when this came up... so i posted it here to see if you guys new of it... but like you said, spirit seems to be what is more commonly used so i will go with it.. thanks..

4. aluren macrumors 65816

This jailbreak is more complicated than Spirit...

5. CaliLove310 macrumors newbie

Spirit is literally just one click of a button. Theres really no need for instructions. Although, first time I used it, I looked for instructions too. I JailBroke my brothers iPad very easily and with no problems, so far.

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Everything on the site the video refers to is a hoax - they only want you to answer a stupid referral survey b4 you download

7. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Never jail broke before the iPad and spirit was wonderful. So easy that I wondered why I hadn't done this before. No problems afterward and is stable as hell.

8. orlandocano thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the input guys! I cant wait to get home from work to do this!

9. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I struggle to imagine a jailbreak that's easier than Spirit. :D

10. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

there wont be anything easier than spirit...done well the first time.

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I guess Geohot had little to with this then? I've not seen a single tweet from him, since Spirit was released.

12. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

13. mixvio macrumors 6502

There's really nothing "more stable" about jailbreaking anyway. It just executes an exploit to run non-Apple code. Once that exploit is done, that's it. It doesn't leave any running programs or anything. Any "stability" comes after the fact through what you download on Cydia.

That said, I only trust jailbreaks from or endorsed by the Dev Team.