New Jailbreaker help with themes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by joneszee954, Nov 30, 2008.

1. joneszee954 macrumors member

I am planning on jailbreaking my phone tonight, but I was wondering how difficult it is to then change things on it, like themes and such. I have been seeing here on the boards people post pictures of what their phone screens look like after jailbreaking, is it tricky to do. I know my way around a computer, but I am not familiar with a lot of coding and such.
    I know I wil need winterboard, what other applications are must haves. Thanks you for your time and help?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Winterboard and cydia are the only required apps. There are a ton of themes on cydia and you just download a few, and then go into winterboard and select your new themes.

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

It is extremely easy. Once you JB, I recommend using Pwnage, you install winterboard, install some themes and go to town. One note though, when you are in winterboard, it works from the top down. SO if you want to modif the theme you downloaded, ie icons, put them above the theme in winterboard. Have fun! I just started JBing on Wenesday and I'm having a ball!:D

4. joneszee954 thread starter macrumors member

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

The quickest and easiest method of jailbreaking.

6. joneszee954 thread starter macrumors member

what is qwkpwn (sp?) is this the same thing, or different? Thanks

7. JRomero macrumors regular

JRomero

Quickpwn is even faster and easier to use that Pwnage Tool. Pwnage Tool gives you the option of unlocking your phone, whereas Quickpwn just does the jailbreak.

8. joneszee954 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, thanks. I will qwkpwn. I have no interest in unlocking my phone, just jailbreaking. Thanks.