New Jailbreaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pjen, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjen macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Im wondering if anyone knows or heard if anyone is actually working or thinking about working on a new jailbreak?

Sure there is some new jailbreaking solutions available for the old versions of the iPhone, but for us unfortunate ppl who has a new iphone with a bootrom/ Firmware/iTnunes that is too new, that is not helping very much.

So is there hope for a 3.1.3 or iOS 4 jailbreak for the 3GS/iPhone 4 coming sooner or later? Any thoughts? Rumors?

Thanks

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

We have a whole, 10 page, ongoing thread about this right above you.

3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Just Curious pjen not trying to be mean or anything. But before you asked this question. Did you search or look at other threads. glance at the front page or did you just go straight to posting this thread? I'm just curious if you thought this would be original or didn't think about it or what the thought process was. I have to think that you are pretty smart since you knew enough to post this in the hacking section. just like to know the thought process.

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I've often wondered the same thing, but never got around to asking it. Maybe this thread will turn out to be useful after all, if we get an answer.

6. pjen thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok:

Yes I took a glance at the few first pages in the search-results. I didnt find any thread that I thought would answer my question right away. I was not going to read every thread through since there were more than 10 search-result pages and I don't have the time to read 10000000 replys. So in hope for someone redirecting me or just answering my specific question I posted this thread.

Im very sorry. I know its the most annoying thing in the world for you guys when someone disobeys the Rules of the Forum or reposts. You know you could just answer my question and save your energy instead of complaining how wrong I did. I guess this is just how you computer-cavemen are.

I apologize again.

7. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

rule of thumb, there is always someone working on a jailbreak for a new firmware update...now some may not release it until after a couple updates...i.e.after 3.1.3 was released, there was a jailbreak that was being held till 4.0,but eventually a separate jailbreak was found for 3.1.3 if that makes any sense

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

9. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Not supporting the OP, but I do kind of see his point. Personally if I didn't start reading that thread when it was first created, I would not have the patience to read all the pages to tell if its out. :cool:

I'm sure there are other smaller threads to get an answer.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Think about from the other side I really not trying to beat you up please don't feel that way! there are just two sides to everything. You say I didn't want to read a 1000000000000 threads we say oh god not that damn question again that's 10000000000000 time lol

pjen I will give you credit for answering I honestly wasn't expecting it. if you flip through a few pages and look to see how many duplicate topics there are in this section. with only a handful of people answering the same questions over and over you might see it from another side because members here are expected to answer a 10000000 threads. can I jb this? how do I jb? etc etc etc. any way I do respect you for replying and putting up with my rant. I'm honestly a small fish that likes my phone and this forum and attempt to help from time to time. Welcome to MR! btw if you learn to search well you will learn to find answers much quicker then asking over and over to give a idea I searched

Iphone 4 Jailbreak here is the result
    http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=20991521

btw yours doesn't come up because of your title!

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Reading the last couple of pages should be enough to make clear even to a newb that it's not yet out but that some jerk's pretending he's got hold of a beta that he's going to release.

12. pjen thread starter macrumors newbie

ACardAttack: Thank you for a clear and good answer.

labman: Thank you for understanding me a litle bit and not trashing me too much. At least we concluded some addressed some bad forum habits and maybe even all the "next jailbreak"-threads.

And
    thelatinist: You are just one of those cavemen who enjoys trashing newbs that makes small mistakes.

Guys, I apologize again.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

Let me just say you are misjudging thelatinist probably answers more questions then just about anybody here. he is the guy that answers the 100000000 repost of the same questions. hence the caveman like tude! as you call it! ;)

14. pjen thread starter macrumors newbie

ok im sorry, you are all good guys:) Didn't expect to get this good response anyways..

15. labman macrumors 604

labman

I will just go back to Welcome to MR. there is allot of great info here and also allot of junk. the main thing is most of us love the iPhone and in this section we love hacking it more! :D oh and thanks again for being honest lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.