New Jawbone...Anyone have it yet

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wildcardd, May 20, 2008.

1. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I have been waiting for this BT headset for a while now. Does anyone here have it yet? Any reviews from MacRumor members?

I would like to wait till Amazon carries it (I have a gift card), but they still don't have it in stock. I wonder if it is exclusive to ATT for a few months. :(

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It's really pretty. C|Net seemed pretty geeked about it -- they seemed to think it was significantly better, although I was blown away by demos of the first one to begin with. It's quite a bit smaller, too!

Although, I'm not quite ready to pay that much for a headset. Maybe a deal on a first-gen Aliph now that the second is out? :eek:

3. wildcardd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I have been tempted too. Amazon has them for around $75. Curious to see if the price will drop more, or what their price on the new one is.

Some complaints on the first gen is the controls are tough to push and the earpiece is a bit uncomfortable. These seem better, although I can't seem to see the buttons..must be some kind of magic.

4. mark34 macrumors 6502a

looks cool! version 1 was quite fragile, so be careful.

5. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

You can get the black one "bulk packaged" for $63.99, sold by Amazon, not by a third party. I just ordered one of those yesterday.

6. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Jawbone 2

I have one and love it. The size is amazing and the overall connection and distance is great. There were some echo issues with the original paring, however it was corrected with a reset of both the iPhone and the Jawbone. I do not like the earloops at all The old one, that I am using on the new one, does not keep the piece snug enough to the face.

I have taken a few conf calls in the car people have no issues hearing me. I played the conf call back to listen to it at the office and was amazed how clear it was. I took the call with the back window and the sunroof open.

I ordered directly from Jawbone last week and had it delivered on friday.

I would recommend it .

7. pugnut macrumors 6502a

Update

I have a few issues and needed to do another hard reset. After fooling with it for a while, with tech support, he determine that the method he was using was incorrect. the charger does not need to be connected to a power source, in fact if it is the hard reset will not work.

You hold down the talk button until the light flashes then connect to the unpulgged charger then the light should go off. After that no issues. One thing I find a lot better is the the reconnection when you walk out of distence form the phone. It finds it again without error.

8. wildcardd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pugnut, since you seem to be the only one right now who has it. How goes the Jawbone 2? Still liking it? Anything you hating?

9. AaronChiles macrumors newbie

I picked up the new Jawbone about a week ago from AT&T. I love it, but I sold my old iPhone so I'm not sure how it works with the iPhone. However, it works great with Skype on my MBP and my temporary Cingular 8125.

10. mashinhead macrumors 68020

how do you reset it,

i just got one and i'm very disappointed because i can't hear anything even with the volume turned all the way up

11. AaronChiles macrumors newbie

I believe you hold the talk button down, while plugging it in. There is a PDF version of the manual on the website. I had to do this once, but it fixed all my issues.

12. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I have the Jawbone 2 and everyone I talk to while I am driving in my convertible says they can hear me very well.

The problem is the earpiece distorts easily, is too soft and has no low end if you do not fit it just right.

My Apple ear bud has much better sound and is a better fitting and much more solid product (ran it through the wash 2x).

The Jawbone is very delicate and quirky.
    I only use the Jawbone in my convertible and my Apple ear bud all the other times I need a bluetooth ear bud.

13. umgolfer macrumors regular

Wow. I am the exact opposite of you. I love my original Jawbone and really wanted to like the Apple one, but the fit was terrible in my ear. It wouldn't stay in and the call quality was terrible. My Jawbone has been abused pretty much since I got it a year ago, and it still works flawlessly. Haha to each his own

14. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

I think these things are personal due to the wide variety of ears!!

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Just got my Jawbone 2 and I have to say it's very nice; I had the first one, but the metal on the earpiece tarnished and discolored so I returned it; this one looks great and it's nice and small.

16. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I'm thinking of getting one of these - but what about this scenario:

Using an iPhone in the car
    The car has built in Bluetooth, and the phone is paired
    You have your car and Jawbone paired with the iPhone

Call comes in - which takes precedence?

I'd probably like to use the Jawbone while walking around, the car when in it (usually) and then switch to the Jawbone when the roof and all the windows are open...

Does that work easy enough? Would I need to fiddle with the phone to change audio?

Thanks for any info!

17. scorpiusdeus macrumors member

Jawbone 2 Review

Another of my common man on the street reviews.

New Jawbone 2 Blue Tooth headset.

The price was about $134.00 @ Bestbuy. The packaging is first rate, vert swanky in a techno sort of way.

Getting things open were pretty straight forward.

First indication of a problem was the directions. It's a small fold out about the size of a credit card and about 20 pages. 20 pages for a BT headset?

There are only two buttons on the headset and they are both very camouflaged.

Not having had a Jawbone in the past and not having used a blue tooth headset in about a year I found the process of getting this thing up and running a bit daunting. Yes, I'm male, but I went against my instincts and read the directions. I followed the directions, and still it too 9 tries to get the headset turned on after the initial charging. I'm still not sure what worked and what didn't.

My first test phone call did not go so well. I could hear her, but she could barely hear me. It seems they are quite serious about keeping the thing up against your head. After some adjustments and a few more phone calls it worked well. Most people could not tell I was on a BT.

The ear pieces are a pain. Not one of the three fits very well and the over ear wires are not much better. Usable, but not what I would call comfortable and you will not forget you have it on.

Style wise, yes, it very cool.

I've only had the Jawbone 2 for a few days now and the jury is still out on as far as I'm concerned. I'll give it a few more days, but if I can't get more comfortable with this thing and be assured that the on/off and pairing features work properly with this phone, I'll be looking at some other brands.

18. truciet macrumors 6502

best headset hands down! i use it mainly because of the size and how loud it is for me to hear. that is my main complain about most headsets. for anyone that has this...turn off your noise cancellation when you don't need it. it sounds so much better...i only turn it on if i'm outside or on the road. if you're in the office or at home...you do not need to have it on...you actually sound worst for the caller with it on :eek:

get it though...its the best...i have 2...one for the house and one in the car :D

19. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

I got one when I picked up my iPhone.

I have to admit, I wasn't patient enough to read the 20 page booklet so I charged it up, figured out how to pair it and it worked.

Now I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out the use of the buttons.

To accept a call, it's one click on the side right? How about to reject a call?

Also, the other day, I think I clicked 3 times on the side and it called back my last number. Is that a feature or did I do something accidentally?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out: I triple clicked the "Noise Assassin" button which calls back the last number dialed.

EDIT 2: Forgot to review one important issue... I've tried all three ear buds and all the loop configurations and I have to say that I have a hard time finding one that's both comfortable and presses the device against my face. I'll continue fiddling around with it until I find the sweet spot, but so far, I'm a little concerned I spent $130 bucks on a BT ear piece and I'll end up not using it due to lack of comfort.

A nice little bonus: I got the Jawbone 2 for my iPhone but now I find myself using it with Skype very often. It paired effortlessly with my MBP.

20. jamminbyalias macrumors newbie

I picked up a Jawbone 2 with my Iphone on the 11th-- ended up returning it yesterday. For $130, I expected a lot more comfort-- they give you a few different sized pieces that you can switch out for "comfort", but none of them quite worked for me. I also had issues with call quality. Noise cancellation worked great for whoever was on the receiving end up my call, but the sound quality on my end was always pretty bad. Definitely not worth $130 in my opinion... I'm having much better call quality and comfort using the earphone/mic that came with the phone for now (but of course it doesn't look nearly as cool as the jawbone did).

21. sms0217ny macrumors regular

I have the new jawbone but was having problems pairing it with my Iphone 3G, anyone else run into this issue? any suggestions?

Thanks

22. T4R06 macrumors 65816

the underrated blueant Z9i is way better than jawbone. very small and you even noticed that you have it on your ears

23. Bmizz macrumors member

I have the new Jawbone and it is great. Best sounding earpiece on my end and the other persons end during a conversation.

24. MemphisDave macrumors regular

MemphisDave

Picked up a Sealed Box Jawbone 2 off Ebay for $100 included shipping.
    I've never had a bluetooth ear piece before. I found that I can't seem to keep the small point to rest on my jaw. This is not mean the Jawbone 2 sucks...I'm still learning how to use it.
    Once i get it adjusted, it stays on well.
    If i'm in the car, people tell me I sound like i'm in a wind tunnel when the AC is full blast (100'F temps here). I heard the Echo issue today briefly. I'm going to try to do the reset procedure tonight.
    Overall, it's an awesome handset..I've just had very limited use(everyone txt's these days!) and still haven't completely got adjusted yet.
    Still on the JB 2 learning curve,
    MemphisDave

25. stevin macrumors regular

Just picked one up myself.

If you dont have the nub touching your jaw its garbage... (but thats because you're using it incorrectly. I need to give it a few more days before I can give you an honest review... for now I can say its very important to pick the right size ear loops as thats what will determine whether its positioned properly on your face... Also its light and small and looks sexy...