new jb 3G/3Gs, iTunes sync issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by vastoholic, Aug 25, 2010.

1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Couldn't really find a similar thread in a search (but I didn't go through all 11 pages of results honestly) so here goes:

This question is for my friend who is on a 3G. He recently jailbroke (using jailbreakme) and this is the first time he's syncing back to his computer (windows PC). iTunes will recognize the phone, but the main screen simply says "iPhone" in big letters in the middle and nothing else. No option to restore or update.

I swear I have seen this problem before either on my old 3G or somewhere else on the forums but I can't remember what the remedy was. Does he need to manually restore on his phone and try the jailbreak again. he is still running 3.1.2

Any help is appreciated. I want to help him because I sold him my old 3Gs as a preset for his girlfriend and it's also jailbroken and don't want to cause him any more bad experiences with the jailbrake.

2. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

screen shot

Here's his "screen shot" of his iTunes screen.

Attached Files:

3. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

alright, I found out he is not using his personal computer so he is checking to see if he can authorize this one as he told me he has never synced to this one before. Updates to come. I told him if it doesn't work, to just try his own personal computer at home.