Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
LOL if true I'm screwed cause I'm running iOS 10 b3 and watchOS b3 so I can't downgrade now without my watch being useless.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
LOL if true I'm screwed cause I'm running iOS 10 b3 and watchOS b3 so I can't downgrade now without my watch being useless.

I haven't checked on the watches. But I'd expect that you should be able to downgrade / restore the watch to the currently supported production release, just like the iPhone.

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I haven't checked on the watches. But I'd expect that you should be able to downgrade / restore the watch to the currently supported production release, just like the iPhone.

You have to send the watch into Apple for it to be downgraded.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States

That's an interesting approach. And seems contrary to effective beta testing.

For example, if while beta testing a new watch OS version you stumbled on a new problem, my first trouble shooting step might be to revert to a prior OS to see if perhaps my software had that glitch before and was unnoticed.

I'd say requiring the watch to be sent to Apple for downgrades is a problematic and poorly implemented process.

Ajaredic

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
Is there any way to trick the watch to think that I have iOS 10 installed?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I'm tempted @JackieInCo but I read this on iclarified

"The jailbreak is for 64-bit devices only and is not fully untethered. It requires that you rerun a jailbreak app on your device if it is rebooted.

Reactions: Applejuiced

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I'm
I'm tempted @JackieInCo but I read this on iclarified

"The jailbreak is for 64-bit devices only and is not fully untethered. It requires that you rerun a jailbreak app on your device if it is rebooted.
I'm aware of that. I will only try this on my 6S for now. Once I see how it runs, I'll do the same on my 6S+. I'm not giving up my 9.0.2 JB yet on my 6+.

I like having multiple phones for a reason.

Reactions: bandofbrothers

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I'm

I'm aware of that. I will only try this on my 6S for now. Once I see how it runs, I'll do the same on my 6S+. I'm not giving up my 9.0.2 JB yet on my 6+.

I like having multiple phones for a reason.

Cool.

Looking forward to any update :)
[doublepost=1469365263][/doublepost]This sounds ok.

"The new jailbreak doesn’t require a PC as it can be done right from your iOS device, thanks to the new “click-to-jailbreak app” made by team. Additionally, the jailbreak can be removed from your device at any time by simply rebooting it. To re-jailbreak, you’ll have to use the app again." from iPhoneHacks.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Also, just like the last major JB release, many tweaks will not work yet until they are updated for the latest OS. I have a few that don't work yet.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
After every reboot? And we know the iPhone reboots on its own at night.
Wonder how stable and reliable that would be.
Not sure if it's worth letting go my stable true untethered jb for this.
I only ran this on my 6S. I'm going to hold off on my 6+ till we see what happens with this a bit latter. I have multiple phones so I can experiment with one like the 6S that I am not currently using daily.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.