New Job Day

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by doyle369, May 6, 2012.

1. doyle369 macrumors regular

Well im 21 years old and I have been at McDonalds for nealry 2 years now and I have just had a enough, it is a laugh there, but just getting bored of it. I have been job searching this past week and found this job..

2 X Warehouse Sorting Assistants (donated stock)

Marsh Barton, Exeter

Full-time – 37.5 hours per week including Saturdays on a rota basis

Salary: £6.80 per hour

To assist the Sorting Supervisor with the processing of donated stock delivered to the processing centre, making sure that maximum value of every item donated is achieved through the correct sorting process.

This role requires the successful candidate to have excellent organisational skills, self motivated, capable of using their own initiative and the ability to prioritise workloads.

Knowledge of vintage and collectables including high street/designer labels would be desirable to this post. Knowledge of charity shop working would also be advantageous.

I have started to fill out the application form, but have got stuck on something...

Tell us succinctly in no more than 2 pages why you are applying for this post.

Please read the job description and person specification provided. Using examples, show how your knowledge, skills and experience meet each of the essential requirements of the person specification and as many desirable requirements as possible. Please draw on your relevant experiences: including paid employment, voluntary work, family experiences and leisure activities as evidence.

I really dont know what to put for this, and its prob the most important part of the application form, so any advice / suggestions really would be appreciated

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Seriously? You want the job, you can write your own statement of interest. If you can't think of anything maybe you don't really want it.

3. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

What position did you hold at wackarnolds? If you were just some line worker there to be honest I don't think you would be qualified for this position.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

Why not try to move up in McDonalds? There's always plenty of career opportunities within restaurant chains if you show some interest.

6. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

The application tells you all you need to know!

Using examples, show how your knowledge, skills and experience meet each of the essential requirements of the person specification and as many desirable requirements as possible. Please draw on your relevant experiences: including paid employment, voluntary work, family experiences and leisure activities as evidence.

None of us can really help you with something like this!

7. And macrumors 6502

And

In your description, make sure you are demonstrating that you meet the essential criteria for the job, and make sure you are ticking as many as possible of the desirables. Good luck.

8. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I would probably talk about how my knowledge, skills and experience meet each of the essential requirements of the job by giving examples from recent paid employment, voluntary work, family experiences and leisure activities.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL best advice.

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

What's the most disgusting thing you've ever seen at work?