Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GirthP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Hey all. I've got to tell some fellow mac folks about my good fortune.

I'm a knuckle dragger. I only have a GED. I'm smart mind you, but not good at sitting still and listening to teachers drone on. I have two semesters of college under my belt.

Well, I have bounced around different jobs, until starting and excelling in the carpentry field. I accumulated all the tools necessary to build and dismantle houses. I do it well, and recently have been working some very very wonderful folks. I met them working on their neighbor's deck.

I started doing odd jobs, then shoehorned a shower into a closet, and a couple other things.

They moved me to the office to install some french doors, and I eventually helped to unload a shipment of their product coming from China.

These people run a well known greeting card company, and are the most fantastic people to work for.

Lately I've been brought into the design room to help out with the pre-press on certain products. I was using a first gen Blackbook. It was a bit underpowered dealing with multiple 100MB - 2GB graphics files ;). I jumped at the chance to get my first MBP, and was able to sell my Blackbook to a friend for a fair price.

This brings us to today. I was offered, and I accepted a new job, a salaried position. I will be doing a wide variety of things, so wide that they deemed it necessary to provide me with a new Mac Pro with a 30" ACD. Plus a windows box to help admin the Small Business Server.

I'm so stoked!!!

Thanks for reading my lengthy diatribe, and wish me luck on my first ever salaried position, god knows I'm a lucky guy.

GirthP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Just completed the order. A little daunting to say the least!

One Mac Pro. 2.8 8 cores. 2GB Memory. Wireless Card.

Adobe Creative Suite Premium.

8GB Memory from a third party.

Two Dell 2408 monitors.

Wow.

I love my new job!!!

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
That's like what I've been wishing for, a job offer in graphics and with a shiny new Mac. You are one lucky fella. I guess it pays to always be out and about. Good for you.

GirthP

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Thanks guys.... :cool:

I'm high right now with excitement. I can not wait for my gear to arrive :D.

Oh, and when I called Apple to do a telephone sale, the salesman knocked 100 bucks off the Mac.

So when you all get you jobs, do that :D.

wheeeeeeeee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.