New "July Challenge" Achievement

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dgdosen, Jul 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dgdosen, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017

dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Just saw this whilst looking at the Achievement app:
    [​IMG]

It looks like a new monthly achievement goal in watch os4. Personally, I like the idea of measuring calories by an interval different from a day - because you should have rest days.

Not sure how they compute my goal, but that is a challenge. Anyone else see these? Or has anyone seen these for any month prior to July 2017? in watch os3?

2. Julien, Jul 3, 2017

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It looks like the same badge, just different wording in the description. Does wOS 4 allow you to set the Daily Move goal (Force pressing in the Activity app) or is it now a month goal? If it is daily how will it deal with this? Is it just daily x 30?

IMG_2933 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Hmm. Looks pretty easy to reach that goal. Only 1300 kcal per day. I do 1900 just wearing the watch and minimal activity.

I hope they don't change the goal from Move to this.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Calories are relative to each person's weigh, body composition (fat to lean ratio), hight, sex and age.

5. dgdosen, Jul 3, 2017

dgdosen thread starter macrumors 65816

dgdosen

The old "Pefect Month" badge is still there for daily goals. This is just a new kind of goal with a total active calorie goal for the month and a slightly different badge:
    july.jpg

It looks like this is a goal for active calories/energy (it doesn't include resting)
    --- Post Merged, Jul 3, 2017 ---
    This looks to be a sum of your month's active calories/energy only. Resting calories/energy don't count. 1900 a day? That would mean you're walking or running about 10 miles a day by my usage... I wouldn't call that average :)
    --- Post Merged, Jul 3, 2017 ---
    I don't see a way to change this "monthly" goal where you can still change your "daily" move goal towards the Perfect Month badge. This is just computed for you. In my case - it's expecting 42,000 + for the month, which average to ~1,300 per day (at 31 days). That's higher than where I keep my daily move goal.

6. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

1900 with minimal activity? What?

Even if I run 12 km after a full day at work etc I only cross 1.000-1.200 kcal so I don't know what your definition of "minimal" is?

7. ftaok, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017

ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I don't have that new badge yet. The way I had read it last me to believe that it was total calories. Meaning active and resting.

If it's just the active calorie, then yeah, 1300 will be tough. Either way, I like the current achievement the way it is. If this is in addition, then that's OK with me

Edit - so just to clarify, I typically get about 2000 kcal of resting calories and have my active calorie goal set at 700.

Most days I can burn a total of 2900 or so.

The easy the new goal is described is confusing. Our days total calories burned. Aren't resting calories still burned?

Alas, it doesn't matter as I am still on wOS 3