New keyboard and colour options?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by virginblue4, May 17, 2015.

1. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

So with the 15" MacBook Pro update imminent (whether at WWDC or later on the year), do you think that it will receive the new butterfly mechanism keyboard and the space grey and gold colour options?

I hope so, I'd love a gold MacBook Pro! :eek:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

In a word no.

I expect it to get a broadwell processor and a force touchpad and a newer dGPU in the higher end model and that is it.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

If the new 2015 13" MacBook Pro is anything to go by I highly doubt it. Like the above poster said its more likely to be the same upgrades as the new 13" model. I don't think Apple want to take away from the uniqueness of the new MacBook. Plus updating the new 15" the way you say but not the new 13" would be odd and out of place to say the least.

4. colonel179 macrumors member

It will eventually, but definitely not this coming upgrade.

Apple normally standarizes their Mac line up. They eventually got all Macs to be unibody aluminum. I expect that some time next year they will make every Mac to have the new keyboard with the butterfly mechanism, and be more in line with the Macbook (and iOS devices)

This time however, they will just upgrade to Broadwell and add Force Touch Trackpad.

Also, as poster mentioned above, right now it would harm the MacBook if they did a MBP redesign. It would be too soon.

5. virginblue4 thread starter macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Well after today's rumours of a refresh this Wednesday, it pretty much puts the new colour options and keyboard to bed!

Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait around 5 years for a gold MacBook :(

6. wct097 macrumors 6502

I won't be surprised to see a Broadwell refresh without substantial changes. I think everyone is in agreement that the Skylake refresh is the most likely refresh to have a redesign with.