Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I know that there have been threads like this before, maybe a few months back but...

I can see apple replacing the white keyboard letter with black ones to fit the designs better and create an aluminium, or at least aluminium colour mighty mice.
I think that they would look pretty much the same with new colours though.
Mighty mouse
Picture this image by replacing the white with aluminium and the grey possibly with a darker grey or black. it would suit all the recent designs better.

What do you think the chances of apple redesigning the mighty mouse and keyboard are? With the introduction of the new macbooks and macbook pros with their black keyboards, could apple possibly do the same to their existing USB and wireless keyboards? The use of white is slowly disappearing from apples designs. The iMac dropped the all-white look and has been an aluminium and black design for a while now. The macbooks are now aluminium and black (however the old white ones are still selling, but i see them being phased out completely). The only place really left with white is the white iphone back and the cables, although the ipods still come in white too.

Take a look at the new aluminium colour nano. It has a black clickwheel. Coincidence? In fact, there isn't even a white nano. The only place left for white seems to be the cabling (power supplys and earphones etc) which i can't picture as anything but white.

With the recent keyboard changes to black surely they are going to start offering it for the normal USB and bluetooth keyboards soon. Black keys would mean that the mighty mouse doesn't fit in with it anymore. It would have to get a redesign too.

I know alot of people hate the black bezel (i love it but i guess having an inferior all silver laptop and two semi-decent black screen surround, silver-colour body laptops) is the reason why. Even the new monitors have got a black bezel. Not having a black keyboard option would be a bit odd as all their designs now incoporate it.

Opinions? Posted in wrong place? Bad spelling? (im english so aluminium and colour are spelled correctly)

EDIT:
Someone already posted something similar. Too slow :(

RRutter

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Austin, TX
There is something similar. Steve has also said that the "mouse is dead" and that they won't be shipped with the new iMacs/Mac Pros. :confused:. Also, if you check my other thread posts, I hate the new keyboards that ship with the iMacs. They are supposed to be like the MacBook ones, but I swear, I feel so much more comfortable on the MacBook ones. I don't know what it is, but I believe they bombed on the iMac keyboards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.