New keyboard for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by adevejian, Apr 4, 2008.

1. adevejian macrumors member

Just wondering if/when the new keyboard (w/the chiclet buttons) will be coming out on the MBP's. Aren't they the standard now and on every Mac product except the MBP's?

I've read about the rumors for the next release of the MBP in June, maybe then?

2. hotdamn macrumors 6502

I just bought a Macbook Pro to replace my DOA Air, and to be honest, I've had a Macbook Pro before for 2 years and I am so, so, so bored of the design, I wish they came out with one yesterday.
    just look at the air, for crying out loud, it's gorgeous. Imagine it a little thicker, with a thinner border around the screen and those speakers on the left and right and... wow, I think I need to change my pants.

3. PDE macrumors 68020

I actually hope they keep the current keyboard or something similar. As much as I like the macbook style keys, I still think the MBP keys are nicer to work on. Interestingly, I find the macbook keyboard faster to type on because your fingers can kind of slide across it quickly, but I find the MBP keyboard more comfortable for long use. Personal preference.

4. adevejian thread starter macrumors member

I'm totally with you, hotdamn.
    I love the Macbook Air design as well. I personally love the way the new keyboard feels and it just seems strange to me that they've updated every other mac product except the MBP

5. hotdamn macrumors 6502

don't get me wrong PDE, I don't mind the keyboard, and I wouldn't mind if they kept it, but that design needs to be modernized. Now I know the Macbook Pro has that "classic" feel to it, that will always be chiq, but the air just upped the ante when it comes to modern notebook design, and I mean, apple needs to keep up with themselves, you know?

just like the new iMac is freaking gorgeous, I know they can do it!