New Keyboard & iPhoto.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by johneymac, Aug 15, 2007.

1. johneymac macrumors newbie

After installing my new Apple Keyboard on my MacPro with all updates done, I go to iPhoto 08 and it won't let me name or rename any of my events. I did it just before I installed the new Keyboard and everything worked fine. Now I can't rename any of my events. Anyone else have this problem?
    I just went to my new Black Apple MacBook and went to iPhoto and tried to rename a event and it worked perfect. Connected the new Apple keyboard and went to software update and downloaded and installed the Apple Keyboard update 1.1 and restarted the MacBook and went to iPhoto and it too now won't let me rename any of my events. So now I know it is either the new keyboard or the update that is doing this to my MacPro and my Black MacBook!
    Just got off the phone with Apple and they recreated the problem and they told me that they would get back to me!

2. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

Same issue with my 20" iMac C2D. Between this, and not being able to use the USB2.0 ports on the keyboard for my iPod or flash drive (I get low-power warning messages), I think I will be going back to my old Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.

3. DaWickedBird macrumors newbie

Hi,
    so you can't connect your iPod either to the keyboard without getting those low usb power notices?
    I called the AppleCare telephone line, and they couldn't help me, told me to go to a an apple center.. which is impossible because there are none here in Belgium, tried a reseller but they wanted half the worth of the keyboard just to test it :S
    I'm using mine with a Mac Mini tho!
    -DaWickedBird

4. johneymac thread starter macrumors newbie

The fix

Go to the Finder, Go to Macintosh HD, Go to Library, Go to Caches.
    Now look for the folder called com.apple.ATS and drag it to the Trash. The computer will ask you for your password and then restart the computer and all is fixed!

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Wow...thanks for this. I had the exact same problem....Mac Pro, iPhoto '08 and just got the new keyboard today.

Your solution worked perfectly.

Interesting sidenote....I did use Onyx to clear my Font Caches before this and that didn't seem to fix it....weird.

Anyway...seems to me Apple has some small fixes to figure out with this new keyboard.

-Kevin

6. cromestant macrumors member

Other problem with new keyboard...

Ok so my aunt got me the new keyboard as a present ( not the wireless ).

and i m happy since its supposed to have usb 2.0... now problem is when i plug in my ipod , the system gives me a wrning message that the device needs more power and cannot fnuction as it is....

now correct me if i m wrong but, isn't progress better forward?

On my old 1.1 version of the keyboard ( previous one with clear plastic and 1.1. usb ports it was slow but it did sync...

My pen drive also states the same problem... so basically i have a useless usb port on my keyboard...

Now i dont live in the states, was wondering if any of you could try it out and if you get the same problem post back here, and if you are even nicer, contact apple by phone to see what they say.

Thank you

bY the way i ' m on a first gen blackbook.
    Charles

7. cromestant macrumors member

Crap Just read the fine print of the keyboard site... this actually SUCKS

wish i had read this before, would have spent my aunts 50$ wiser...

8. DaWickedBird macrumors newbie

don't feel bad about it, lots of people have done the same thing me included.
    the small print only just got added to their site less than a week ago.. But yeah it does suck. But i love the keyboard none the less..

9. cromestant macrumors member

Yes the feel is great, no doubt on that, specially since i do own a blackbook and its kind of the same keyboard...

But what when i could before use the extra usb port on my keyboard now i need to plug into laptop, and well... now i mihgt have to nuy myself a self powered usb hub.

Before, i had the low speed, but i could actually find a file on my pendrive or just put somehitng on ipod, ( disc mode)...

well crap..