New keyboard sound barely audible

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by sintax_error, Jul 20, 2016.

1. sintax_error macrumors newbie

sintax_error

The new keyboard click that returned in public beta 2 sounds very low volume to me compared to the old keyboard click. Is this a known issue or a complaint? Or is this the way it is supposed to sound? Sorry if this has been mentioned before, if so, can I please be linked to the appropriate post. Thank you.

2. lagwagon, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016

lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Supposed to sound that way. It was first introduced in the developer beta 1. Then the old keyboard sound returned briefly in developer beta 2/public beta 1. We are now back to the new sound in developer beta 3/public beta 2. Its "quieter" for reasons I would assume to be less annoying to surrounding people when you're typing.

3. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

I might actually leave it on now. I always turned it off before because it was so loud and annoying

4. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

I prefer the new sound as well, less annoying whilst typing without the mute on.

5. sintax_error thread starter macrumors newbie

sintax_error

6. scottish macrumors 6502a

I'm finding it very quiet too unless I'm in quiet surroundings.

7. nerdriot macrumors regular

nerdriot

It's very subtle and it's growing on me. Same with the new phone lock sound.

8. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Yeah. I'm sure it's just part of the tweaks they've made to device noise that they started in iOS 9 and Siri no longer beeping when you initiate it. Smartphones are everywhere, all around us no matter where we go. Only makes sense to make the noises they do that aren't a notification less annoying to those around you.

9. Sleaka J macrumors regular

Sleaka J

I don't mind the new keyboard sound, but I do think it needs to be at least a little bit louder.

10. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

11. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

I was just about to start thread about this lol.. it is too low and I think they should definitely increase the volume a bit.

12. Teon macrumors regular

Teon

13. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

Nope it's just right now. No louder or I'll just turn it off again. Just a little 'click/pop" is perfect.

14. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Have to admit I always hated the keyboard clicks. It was so loud! Now though it's not to bad.

15. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I came on here to see if this was a bug. This is the same exact sound on my Samsung note 3 when I had it three years ago. Lol