Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sintax_error

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2015
The new keyboard click that returned in public beta 2 sounds very low volume to me compared to the old keyboard click. Is this a known issue or a complaint? Or is this the way it is supposed to sound? Sorry if this has been mentioned before, if so, can I please be linked to the appropriate post. Thank you.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Supposed to sound that way. It was first introduced in the developer beta 1. Then the old keyboard sound returned briefly in developer beta 2/public beta 1. We are now back to the new sound in developer beta 3/public beta 2. Its "quieter" for reasons I would assume to be less annoying to surrounding people when you're typing.

Last edited:
Reactions: ladytonya

nerdriot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2015
Supposed to sound that way. It was first introduced in the developer beta 1. Then then old keyboard sound returned briefly in developer beta 2/public beta 1. We are now back to the new sound in developer beta 3/public beta 2. Its "quieter" for reasons I would assume to be less annoying to surrounding people when you're typing.
It's very subtle and it's growing on me. Same with the new phone lock sound.

Reactions: lagwagon

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
It's very subtle and it's growing on me. Same with the new phone lock sound.

Yeah. I'm sure it's just part of the tweaks they've made to device noise that they started in iOS 9 and Siri no longer beeping when you initiate it. Smartphones are everywhere, all around us no matter where we go. Only makes sense to make the noises they do that aren't a notification less annoying to those around you.

Sleaka J

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2015
I don't mind the new keyboard sound, but I do think it needs to be at least a little bit louder.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
I was just about to start thread about this lol.. it is too low and I think they should definitely increase the volume a bit.

Reactions: nerdriot

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2010
California
I came on here to see if this was a bug. This is the same exact sound on my Samsung note 3 when I had it three years ago. Lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.