New keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Kazak, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Kazak macrumors newbie

Ok guys, new to the forums and I tried doing a search as im sure this question has been asked 1000 times before but I could not find the answer. Right now I am running windows XP and plan on buying a macbook sometime before their back-to-school sale is over. I would still like to keep my PC as I use it for FPS gaming when I am bored, but want to get rid of this POS HP keyboard I have from 1998. Does anyone know if the new wireless apple keyboard is compatible with my version of windows, and is there anything special I would have to do when I plugged it in, or will it just recognize it and let me be on my way. Thanks in advance!

2. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Don't think anyone has been able to get a hold of a wireless one yet, you might not get an answer for a wee while.

I've heard someone having problems with the wireless keyboard and bootcamp though (you need to enable bluetooth or something on XP after it boots, and you can't do that without a wired keyboard or wired mouse!).

But if you are using it with your MacBook then you shouldn't have any problems getting bluetooth enabled and set up for the wireless keyboard.

3. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

Question....

I have the Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo for Mac.

Can I go new wired keyboard but yet keep the old wireless mouse?

4. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

What makes you think you wouldn't be able to?

It'll work perfectly - the mouse working off bluetooth while the keyboard being plugged in.