New keyboards question

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by disconap, Sep 30, 2007.

1. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Hey folks--ok, so I finally caved and bought one of the new Apple keyboards (my G5 stock keyboard was, after 4 years, finally unusable). I've got it hooked up and all, and it's pretty neat, but I'm noticing a slight squeak in the spacebar. Is this normal? Or should I exchange the one I have? It doesn't bother me too much, and I'll likely get used to it, but if it isn't supposed to be squeaky, then I'd like to have one that doesn't...

2. sbluetruck macrumors regular

sbluetruck

...are you sure that there is only one mouse near it? ;)

3. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

So I wasn't supposed to plug that one in? I thought it might have screamed, but I'd never heard a rodent scream before, so I figured it was just a surge or something...

4. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

5. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    Well, it's a myth that rodents squeak on a frequent basis in a tonal range audible to human beings. You might want to refer to this section on "Mice as Pets" for further pertinent details.

Oh... wait a minute...

You wanted a serious answer. Well, OK, I'd say this much: if it's squeaking out of the box, it shouldn't do that, so I'd exchange it.

6. disconap thread starter macrumors 68000

disconap

My mouse desticates furiously. Unfortunately, it isn't covered by Applecare.

And thanks, I was leaning in that direction anyway. Looks like I'm headed downtown tomorrow!