New keypad design on MBP.s

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
I have the original MBP with the shiny keypads and I tried the new MBP.s the other day and a little trouble trying to get used to the keypad.
How do you like the new keypad compared with the older design?

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I have the original MBP with the shiny keypads and I tried the new MBP.s the other day and a little trouble trying to get used to the keypad.
How do you like the new keypad compared with the older design?
If by keypad you mean the area where the letters combined with function key would be a number pad, then I must say I never really used it. I could never get used to it, I always used the number row anyway, so I never really noticed or cared that it was gone.

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
I mean the the style of the new books, keypad, letters, etc are black and have spaces in between them compared with the older books.. Like I said I had trouble typing on the newer keyboard. But I stink at typing anyways

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
i actually prefer the chicklet keys in the new macbook line over the old style.

akbc

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah, it takes some time to get used to, but once you do, it's awesome in my opinion.

I love the tactile feedback I get when I type on these things. It's not mushy or anything so it's great. Also, I get less typos on these keyboard than my other keyboards around the house, so that kinda proves that this keyboard works for me.

Never really had the original MBP, so I can't really compare the two, but MBP's keyboard is definitely one of the best keyboards I've used so far.