New keypad design on MBP.s

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lukester, Dec 7, 2009.

1. lukester macrumors 6502

I have the original MBP with the shiny keypads and I tried the new MBP.s the other day and a little trouble trying to get used to the keypad.
    How do you like the new keypad compared with the older design?

2. prodigee macrumors 6502a

If by keypad you mean the area where the letters combined with function key would be a number pad, then I must say I never really used it. I could never get used to it, I always used the number row anyway, so I never really noticed or cared that it was gone.

3. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean the the style of the new books, keypad, letters, etc are black and have spaces in between them compared with the older books.. Like I said I had trouble typing on the newer keyboard. But I stink at typing anyways

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I didn't notice as large of a difference as I suspected, but then again I use an iSkin keyboard cover and that definitely makes a huge difference.

5. brendu macrumors 68020

i actually prefer the chicklet keys in the new macbook line over the old style.

6. akbc macrumors 6502

Yeah, it takes some time to get used to, but once you do, it's awesome in my opinion.

I love the tactile feedback I get when I type on these things. It's not mushy or anything so it's great. Also, I get less typos on these keyboard than my other keyboards around the house, so that kinda proves that this keyboard works for me.

Never really had the original MBP, so I can't really compare the two, but MBP's keyboard is definitely one of the best keyboards I've used so far.

7. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

I vastly prefer the chiclet style keyboards to the older more traditional style

8. lukester thread starter macrumors 6502

9. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

Boo to small , loves the old big one!!!! but unless i wasn't sitting at a desk but on a couch i would prefer the small one.

Attached Files:

10. brendu macrumors 68020

that is the best keyboard apple has ever made IMO. I hope they keep it as an offer for awhile...

11. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

I still don't understand why they wouldn't make a wireless version, even though its the largest keyboard ive seen but it would be a nice feature.