New Laptop Backpack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jacquesmc12, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Jacquesmc12 Guest

Hi everyone
    im looking into getting a new bag for my 15" Macbook Pro
    i currently have these two bags

http://www.ebags.com/jansport/driver_8/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=20186

and

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR035LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=NzYwMjIx&p=1&s=topSellers

The incase bag i use for short trips, the jansport i use for planes
    the problem is that when i wear the jansport bag on my back there is a screw that jams into the my back, plus there is not much padding for my back and the incase bag doesn't offer enough protection for my laptop during plane travel

So this is what im looking for
    -Under $100
    -pocket for labtop (duh)
    -padding for both my back and laptop
    -pockets for HDD, power-cords, other cables, etc
    -side pocket for Nagelene water bottle
    -extra space for a few books, magazines, or sweatshirt
    -pocket for ipod/hole for headphones
    -wheels

Thanks
    :)

2. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

The first one is a behemoth. My first buy was a Tenba sleeve that I just slid in my backpack. I enjoyed not broadcasting that I was carrying a computer. A couple years later, I decided to be an adult and buy a Timbuk2 briefcase that doubles as a portfolio bag when I meet with clients. I think my next bag will be a Timbuk2 messenger bag that I can slide the sleeve into and carry a dslr with small lens attached.

3. Red-red macrumors 6502

4. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Well I can definitely recommend the North Face 'Borealis' backpack.

It has everything you're asking for (except wheels). I use this for going into uni on a daily basis, carrying laptop, power brick, 4/5 books, water bottle, and sometimes my ext HD.
    The padding on the back really has to be tried out, it is super comfortable to wear, even with ~8/9 kgs inside. It actually does feel lighter on your back, I guess the weight is distributed ergonomically or something.

It has three compartments;
    main compartment- has a section for laptop + big books, jacket etc, also has headphones hole at top
    secondary compartment- for smaller books, ipod, HD, leads etc
    small front compartment- for tissues sweets etc.
    BTW, the bottom of where the laptop goes is padded so you don't have to worry if you put your bag down violently :). The laptop can be secured in with a click-lock too.

It's worth mentioning that the zips 'handles' are not metal but looped cords so it'd be a bit redundant putting a lock on them as you could cut them with a pen-knife. I guess a lock's function is ~90% deterrence so you could pu one if it setles the mind. On the other hand the zip tracks are hooded so you can hide the zips when its closed up.

There are other North Face bags designed for laptops, but I chose this one because it has everything I was looking for, is of high quality, durable and well worth its cost.

b.

5. briandvm macrumors newbie

I've got an Osprey Circuit that I really like. It's got plenty of space, zippered side water bottle pockets, and a spandex "kangaroo pouch" on the front for odd sized items. It doesn't have wheels but it is made from recycled plastic bottles. I was a little concerned with the durability of the material at first, but after three months of daily abuse it looks like it did on day one.

6. jeff48 macrumors member