New laptop, different Internet settings...?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nooboob, Nov 23, 2011.

1. nooboob macrumors member

I got my new laptop yesterday (Macbook Air) and I immediately installed Google Chrome and began surfing the web. However, as soon as a I clicked "Open Link in New Window" with a Youtube video embedded in it, it began autoplay.

Normally in my old laptop, which was also a Macbook Air w/ Lion (which had NO extensions in it... Default Google Chrome), the video in the new window would be at a stand-still and neither buffer or play, UNTIL you clicked on the "play" button.

The old Macbook Air had the same browser, OS, and default settings as the new Air. Can anyone explain why (besides magic), the new Macbook Air starts auto-playing?

I know that this can be solved instantly with an extension, but I'd like to keep my browser from adding stuff. Is there a setting I can change?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sounds like a google chrome thing, how does Safari work any different between the two machines?

3. nooboob thread starter macrumors member

I couldn't tell you: I never used Safari at all with either of the machines. Booted up Google Chrome as soon as I got the internet fired up.

(EDIT) It looks like Safari auto-plays too. Though I don't know if the old Macbook Air's Safari did this as well.