New laptop, how to sync iphone? NOT usual question about transferring songs...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jay101, Jan 29, 2011.

1. jay101 macrumors newbie

Hi. Bought a macbook pro, and transferred over everything from my old pc. I don't care about data storage or contacts or messages or anything, it's none of my concern.

My issue is that I can plug in my iphone 4, and "auto-fill" music from my library, or update my iphones software... but there are strange things which it won't let me do.

I can't drag and drop music from library to my iphone, I can only get new music onto it by using autofill. Also, with the columns (title, artist, genre etc.) it is stuck organising the music by ascending artist. I hate this view, I normally keep it in order of date added. I also can't use the album artwork views or anything like that.

I don't understand why this is happening, it's not really successfully doing anything except pissing me off. If it's supposed to be a safeguard for in case someone stole my phone or something then it's just stupid.

How do I fix it and make it work like it did on my old pc? I don't want to get any info off my iphone, I just want to be able to use it properly when plugged in.

2. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Sounds like you have Auto-Sync and not "Manually Mange Music" checked.