New Laptop stands from Logitech!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by toenexx, Jul 8, 2007.

1. toenexx macrumors member

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Those are nice stands. Thanks for the link.:)

Do you know if they will work for the 17"? I couldn't find anything.

3. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

I'd assume they work with any size laptop, as it really only depends on the balance. At that angle, a fairly large laptop seems like it would sit nicely.

If I had a 17" PB or MBP, i'd probably go for the second option though, looks a little more sturdy for a larger computer.

4. Brentnal macrumors member

I think the arm on the Alto connect would prevent you from using the front loading optical drive on MBP/PB..

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Yeah, the second one looked sweet and as though it would support it better -- but the price is a little nicer too. :p

6. kolax macrumors G3

Prefer the first one - the wavey design seems more modern than a cross design.

7. toenexx thread starter macrumors member

If you google alto, u can see some websites that preview these stands, and some say they support the 17" macbook pro.

I'm leaning towards the Alto connect, mainly because of the usb ports + black color/design.

8. Mistershark macrumors regular

I like the Express more. It's cheaper, for one thing.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

WOW! Love the Alto Express. The Connect seems bulky. However, Express is no good for apple's because it does seem to cover the front slot loading drive. Silly Logitech...

10. pieman02 macrumors regular

Thanks for the post! I just got a new MBP, and should probably get a stand, especially to help with ventilation...that being said, I think the Alto connect looks nicer because of the usb ports (which MBPs are in DESPERATE need of :rolleyes: ) and the airflow to the bottom of the case

Can't wait to check one out at a store :)

11. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I agree, nice find. I think the express is much more attractive. However, the integrated USB ports is a very nice addition to the other model. In the end I still think I would lean toward a display or iMac if you are willing to drop the cash.