New layout of Notability a step back?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by lexvo, Nov 10, 2014.

1. lexvo macrumors 65816

I just updated Notability on my iPad, it has a new layout and a dark theme among other changes.

I don't mind if a layout of an app if changed and I'm OK also with the flat design. However, I think this new layout is a step back in functionality:
    1) the group list is not as clear as it was before, with colorful option on or off it is harder to distinguish between a group and a separator
    2) the note title is not bold anymore and therefore does not really stand out from the note tekst
    3) it is probably good to have a dark theme but I have seen much better implementations in other apps
    4) the releases notes speak of "beautiful new icons": this is personal taste of course but I find them hum-hum

I already sent the developers an email, but I was wondering if I'm the only one who finds some functionality/user friendlyness is lost with this new layout.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

No, I agree, and so do many others. Hang in there, I'm sure they'll be making changes.

The dark theme is particularly bleh. It reminds me of Editorial's because of the shade they picked out.