New LCD, samsung or BenQ

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by obelix112za, Oct 16, 2007.

1. obelix112za macrumors member

I'm buying a new 20iMac & with the Mac I want to buy a 24" LCD Monitor. My research so far has shown (reviews etc...) that the 2 best choices would be between Samsung & BenQ.

I've had a look at a Acer 26", but the quality wouldn't be as good as the makes I mentioned above.

My budget is around €700, but I'd pay €800 for a decent monitor. I'd mostly be playing games like Unreal Tournament & Serious Sam (XP - Boot Camp, unfortunately). So it has to be fast enough etc...

I'd be doing a bit of photography work as well, but I'm mainly buying for gaming.

Can anynone please give me some advice, PLEASE!

Thank You

2. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

Can you quote the model numbers / specs for each?

3. Makosuke macrumors 603

I don't have any experience with BenQ, but given that Samsung is one of the main producers of LCD panels these days, and that that's an area they're putting a lot of money into, I'd say Samsung is the "safer" choice.

It's what I'd do given the same situation (though to be honest, I generally buy ViewSonic monitors).

4. obelix112za thread starter macrumors member

Samsung or BenQ

It'l take me ages to list all the specs.
    I generally use 3 sites to compare prices in Ireland.

www.dabs.ie / www.elara.ie / www.pixmania.com

I've been looking at the Samsung or BenQ 24" available on all those sites. 26" would be an option, if not for the fact that most 26" + monitors for €700 wouldn't be great, so I'd prefer a 24" better quality monitor.

What is Viewsonic like? I've seen there is new Viewsonic's out at around €800 or €900 (I think it's 27" / 28")

There is also a cheaper Samsung 24" for under €500 & an Acer 26" for around €600, but from the specs I don't think Acer would be a great choice.

Anyway, thanx for the input, I'm hoping to get another few replies here, I really don't know what to buy.
    At least Leopard is still a few weeks away, cause as soon as they let the Leopard out of it's cage I'll be buying an iMac (my 1st Mac by the way)

Thanx Again