New LED Screens...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by finallyanewmbp, Feb 26, 2008.

1. finallyanewmbp macrumors newbie

So I am a Novice Graphic Designer that is about to finish up school and have been planning on buying a 15" MBP as soon as they updated. Problem is now they have added a LED screen to the 17" MBP and I am wondering, just how much better is the color depth on a LED screen?

Ideally, I like the size of the 15" more, but if the screen is that much better, I think it might be worth it to jump to the 17" version.

Opinions?

2. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

the 15" has LED screens too, has for a while now, since..last june...its the 17" thats finally getting it

3. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

The 15" screen is LED already. The older (yesterdays) mbp only had LED screens on the 15" model. Now they just added that option for the 17". If you like the 15", get it, it will have LED.

Edit: Beat to it again!

4. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

5. finallyanewmbp thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha!

Well... kinda makes me feel like a fool but that is the best answer I could have asked for.

Thanks for the prompt responses :D

6. Adokimus macrumors 6502a

Adokimus

17" is the only laptop they offer with 1920x1200 resolution though... just in case that weighs in your decision at all. Not sure if you will be working with high-res production on the road.

7. klymr macrumors 65816

I wish my MBP had an LED screen. :eek: I'll still love it though. :D

8. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

I hope they are using improved LED screens on these new models...the LED screen on the 15" Macbook Pro never impressed me, and it can't hold a candle to the Macbook Air's display. I'm curious if Apple is using the same caliber display as the Air for these.