New LG smartwatch leaked?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Lloydbm41, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

2. Fanaticalism macrumors 6502a

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I hope we see some big advances this year with wearables. At the moment they are the watch equivalent of jack of all trades but master of none.

4. Sensamic macrumors 68030

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Looks better than most smartwatches. Still can't think of any features it would have that would make me get it.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It does look nice, but as long as I have to have my smartphone near the watch for it to work, it is a no-go for me.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Looks nice! A must for 2015 wearables: non-pixelated screens.

8. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

One of the nicest looking smart watches I have seen. It looks like a watch rather than some futuristic rubber band lol. I still won't be getting one though as I like my mechanical watches far too much, plus I'm not shelling out a grand for a phone not to get it out of my pocket :)

9. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

What am I missing? How is this any different from their other circular watch with etched in bezels?

10. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

yep....it looks the same to me too. Personally...i do not get the smartwatch trend at all. I can get just about everything from my phone which is pretty much always with me.

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I don't want any smart watch no matter then manufacturer.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I rarely take my phone out b.c of a smartwatches and leave it on silent w/ no vibrate. I can read/archive/delete messages.

If I am in a movie I can see if I need to step out to take a call vs. pulling my phone out. The same thing goes for a meeting.

When I get home, my phone just sits in a central location instead of glued to me.

13. tbayrgs, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

My sentiments exactly. Most who use the argument jamezr stated (and not explicitly stating this applies to you jamezr, just referencing your comment ;)) have never used a smart watch (or at least a good one) for any extended period of time. The convenience of exactly what you stated is terrific. Yes, it's not difficult to pull out your phone and look but glancing at one's wrist is even easier and a much better solution in places where pulling out your phone, unlocking (if necessary), etc is either inconvenient or simply rude (driving, meetings, out to dinner with friends, in a movie, etc). And I love just leaving my phone on a counter or on its charger while I'm in the house. Between my watch or using my Mac, I rarely need to even get the phone at all.

Not saying a smatch watch or smart wearable is for everyone but I generally always wear a watch, have for as long as I can remember, and having the extra access and functionality has proven to be very valuable to me.

14. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Moto 360, Asus Zenwatch? Have you seen those?

So, you're going to pay for ANOTHER data plan for your watch? IF I were to get a watch, I'd just keep my phone in my pocket.

I never understood how people could be so baffled that smart watches didn't have certain features that are available on the phone that's likely going to be in their pocket anyway since the watch needs the phone. The more simple something is, the quicker it can be brought to market and updated when the time comes.

15. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I've seen the Moto 360 and that's nice looking too. I'm only commenting on looks alone, not functionality. I don't really understand the smart watch thing, but I do appreciate a nice watch and ones that are smart watches and look like a luxury time piece will get my vote on looks. I don't like bands or ones that go out of their way to look too futuristic. :)

16. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I really think the idea of having the band/clasp area being the sensor/display area only being considered by some of the analog watch companies is awesome.

I could still wear my Omega Seamaster and simply turn my wrist to see who is calling/texting, get health info, etc. Sort of like the Microsoft band except simply add a normal watchface to the other side of the display.

Not this..but sort of like this...

[​IMG]

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

How is it different from the regular LG R plastic watch?

• It's stainless steel and sapphire.
    • It runs WebOS instead of Android Wear.
    • It integrates with your Audi, allowing functions like unlocking and starting the car from your watch.
    • There are rumors that it also has a cellular connection, although I'm not sure about that part.
    • It's possible that it works with both iOS and Android.

It's true, a smartwatch might make no sense for your life style, especially if you keep your phone in your hand.

But never say never :)

18. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't call it "leaked." Wasn't it officially revealed at CES?

I have never used a Web OS mobile device. But it looks pretty good. Competition is good.

19. jamezr macrumors G3

jamezr

That is a great point! I think the technology is great. I might wait for the wearable platform so to speak to evolve a little more. I don't wear a watch now. But as this technology evolves.......the geek in me get one at sometime!!!

20. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Man they continue with that ugly fake divers bezel, it's horrible looking. The should just bite the bullet and put in a plain black flat bezel.

21. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

This is what you are looking for, at least the only thing that actually looks like it will be released in the near future: I like it a lot. I've found that I would much rather wear my mechanical rolex than any smartwatch, but if I could have it integrated into the band then I'd be all for it. I'm quite surprised no one else is jumping on this, it takes the decision away which watch to wear.

http://www.networkworld.com/article...-important-than-any-wearable-at-ces-2015.html

Attached Files:

22. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I don't get this point of view. I'm not saying it's wrong because of course it's your opinion which means it's right for you. But for me I found a smartwatch VERY convenient. To not have to take my phone out of my pocket is awesome to me. I suppose it depends if you drive a lot, work where your hands are always full, find it a pain to take a phablet out of your pocket when sitting down, are on the subway and don't want to drop your phone or get it jostled, etc etc. I don't know about you, but I get some type of notification on my phone very often, maybe 15 or 20 times an hour. If I had to pull my phone out of my pocket, turn on the power, swipe or fingerprint to unlock and address the notification I'd go nuts, well I already do since I don't have a smartwatch anymore.

I'd rather be honest and say I'm a slave to fashion and the reason I don't use a smartwatch is because I prefer my Rolex more, I'm just an old dinosaur and like that little V8 strapped to my wrist.

23. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

New LG smartwatch leaked?

Yes....that was the one I was referring too. Couldn't remember where I saw it, but must of been in one of the CES updates I got last week. THANKS!

24. mi7chy macrumors 68040

mi7chy

There are times when you don't or can't carry a phone so a stand-alone smart watch that mirrors your phone is super convenient.