"New" Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter (MK0W2AM/A) Availability

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ipsychedelic, May 16, 2016.

1. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows of an official Apple reseller that has this in stock?
    As an international customer I cannot order directly from the Apple Store, and my usual sources (B&H, Sweetwater) listed the device since it was released in March or so, and won't give any ETA.

Funny because the Apple Pencil tips were released along and they are already available.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Why not get it from Apple? It is not like there can be much sales tax on such a small item. I got 2 from Apple least month and shipping was free.

3. phillyboy82 macrumors regular

phillyboy82

I got mine from AT&T, though it did take almost four weeks before I actually got the thing. I received it last week.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

Probably because the OP doesn't have any Apple retail stores in their country and Apple does not ship to other countries.

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Assumes facts not in evidence. ;) Indeed that could be the case. OP would need to clarify.

6. ipsychedelic thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Thanks for the responses.

I clarified in the OP "As an international customer I cannot order directly from the Apple Store". US Apple store won't accept a non-US issued credit card.

There are some authorized sellers in my country but they take 3 or 4 months to have on stock iPhones and iPads, imagine a niche device like this. I called just for kicks last week and they tried to trick me into buying the old lighting adapter, which I already have in both v1 and v2 iterations (non-USB3, non-powered).

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Time for a road trip! Maybe friends, relatives....etc. will bring you one. It will only do USB3 towards iPad Pro 12". All other iPads do USB2.

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm not assuming anything. The original post is perfectly clear. You obviously can't see it. ;)

9. ipsychedelic thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Nah, I'm used to get my stuff via a Freight Forwarder with no fuzz.
    Yes it will only do USB 2 for me, but I'm getting it for MIDI purposes and the added feature of *sometimes* (depending on device) not having to use a powered USB hub in the middle.

Anyway thanks, seems like it's basically not available elsewhere but the Apple Store or a provider like AT&T.