Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seveneleven95

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
With the new line of iPods rolling around next month, will they update the iPod Classic with a camera, FM Radio, and speakers like Apple said they would with the Touch? :apple:

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
I just don't see a camera going into a hard drive based iPod, seems a little weird. I see FM Radio going in, better battery life, larger screen, and a redesign.

ankitipad

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
ipod touch more like iphone 4

this would be better as it wont have the network mess of i phone 4.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
I still think cameras on iPods are stupid and just an unnecessary expense.

I could see the point for a touch since it can already use things like Skype, but on a nano or classic it's just not needed.

babybanana

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
UK
I'm just hoping that they'll put FM radio and speaker on the classic, if so I will most definately buy that :)

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
Some people where saying they think it would be discontinued or that a redesign would not happen due to the fact it was a classic, are some of you know thinking there will be a redesign? Wouldn't a larger screen take away the classic feel?

Has anyone got any news on the next Gen classic???

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
They'll have to do something to the iPod classic this refresh around. I hope they redesign it and make the screen anywhere between 2.7" to 3.0"

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I would love to see a camera on an iPod classic, I mean it is thick enough, isn't it?:rolleyes:

Kills me, do people really think the classic is ridiculously thick? Heck I thought the dual layer thickness was perfect. [i.e. the 60GB/80GB 5th gen, 160GB 2007 classic]

Besides who you fooling? As if a camera lens is so huge that it'd make it twice as big.

That being said, all I care about is a capacity upgrade to 200GB. Don't really care about any other fluff, and the interface is still the best of the iPods.[Ratings on Now Playing screen, very clean and classy]

Classic is all about capacity and thats all I care about.

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I would love to see a camera on an iPod classic, I mean it is thick enough, isn't it?:rolleyes:

Kills me, do people really think the classic is ridiculously thick? Heck I thought the dual layer thickness was perfect. [i.e. the 60GB/80GB 5th gen, 160GB 2007 classic]

Besides who you fooling? As if a camera lens is so huge that it'd make it twice as big.

That being said, all I care about is a capacity upgrade to 200GB. Don't really care about any other fluff, and the interface is still the best of the iPods.[Ratings on Now Playing screen, very clean and classy]

Classic is all about capacity and thats all I care about. Besides apple is so stuck on core beliefs I doubt anything will change on it since its called "Classic". Look at the shuffle, still screen-less.

dockingbay94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
i can see them just upping the hard drive size and maybe an FM radio. I doubt they will do anything else since the classic will only realistically be around a few more years if that.

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
I see the iPod classic redesigned, with an anodized aluminum front and back which means getting rid of the dread scratch prone chrome backing with a larger 2.7" - 3.0" screen. Some new features I see happening is an FM tuner w/ Live Pause, Speaker, and an updating User Interface. The UI has been the same since 2007. Same 160GB capacity.

Jett Deion

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
they might realease an ipod touch second generation which might have a camera and external speakers but other than that i dont think there is anything else they can add to it.

Labaguette

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
Good ol' Germany
they might realease an ipod touch second generation which might have a camera and external speakers

iPod touch has had speakers since their second generation available on September 9th, 2008. 3rd generation has been out since September 9th, 2009 and also has a speaker. Maybe you mean 4th generation?

Regards, Baguette.

jonnycage41

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
New Jersey, US
What i think is that I-Pod's are meant for music so FM getting integrated with an i-pod seems to be more appropriate. Its gonna help attract users and increase sales mo doubt. :rolleyes:

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Apple probably will just update the specs on the iPod classic and just leave the rest alone. We all know that Apple has been putting more focus towards the iPhone / iPod touch lately.

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
Do you guys think Apple is making the most profit off of their mobile devices? I sure think so. They're selling their iPad's and iPhone 4's fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.