New Lion Download

uplander

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
Way North
Hi All,
I'm likin' My MBA. I just got Lion from the app store. I need to know if possible where the download is stored or How to make a Re-Install disc. It has a SSD and the original system came on a USB Stick. This USB recovery is what I'd like to make for the Lion install. How do I do this?

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
Hi All,
I'm likin' My MBA. I just got Lion from the app store. I need to know if possible where the download is stored or How to make a Re-Install disc. It has a SSD and the original system came on a USB Stick. This USB recovery is what I'd like to make for the Lion install. How do I do this?
Check out this:

Lion Recovery Disk Assistant

Particularly this part:

"To create an external Lion Recovery, download the Lion Recovery Disk Assistant application. Insert an external drive, launch the Lion Recovery Disk Assistant, select the drive where you would like to install, and follow the on screen instructions."

Comment

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The Lion recovery and what you downloaded from the App. store are two different things. The Lion Recovery is a base image with just the essentials to get your recovery process started. If you want the full Lion install image, you needed to extract that from your download prior to installing it, as it gets deleted after the installation.

The link below has a method to get the full image to download again:

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110831105634716

I have not tried it myself.

Comment

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I've noticed recently that the Apple KB sometimes needs a reload/refresh. It first comes back with what looks like a dead link and then finds it the second time. Try a reload/refresh.

B

Comment

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
I've noticed recently that the Apple KB sometimes needs a reload/refresh. It first comes back with what looks like a dead link and then finds it the second time. Try a reload/refresh.

B
Yes each time for me ... never seen any recent link that works right away ... hopefully 10.7.3 fixes that maybe?

Comment