Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xardas220

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
Hi,
have someone else this kind of problem? I've found this on any iOS 11 releases including 11.1. It's weird that the widgets doesn't stay in the "more"-mode so you can see the big widget. Every time you load them they open or close depending on how they were before. On 0:04 you can see that I press the "less" (weniger) button which must normaly "more" (mehr) because it was already less. After I pressed the button two times they are right. It's a weird bug... It's irritating. They should stay in the "more"-option so I can see the whole widgetview.

Xardas220

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
Does nobody have this type of problem? o_O This cannot be... Am I the only person who use third party widgets? :eek:

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Don't worry... I saw someone else post a video with this issue so you're not alone.

Xardas220

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
I experience this every time I open the widget page... -.- That‘s an issue, at least for me. :(
On previous iOS-Releases the widgets stay in the „expand“-mode. They refreshed every time but this isn‘t the issue here. The issue is that they expand and collapse every time I open them. :/

Last edited:

Unprincipled

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2009
Happens to me all the time as well, mostly with Philips Hue widget. It started with the 11.0 beta releases and still has not been solved in 11.2 beta 2. Have since switched to an iPhone X, did not restore backups, completely clean install. Issue is still there.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
related to widgets I wondered:
* does it again save that when you last opened the widget view it again opens that instead of the notifications when you slide down?
* did they change back the option to have widgets next to each other in landscape mode on an iPad like we had/have in iOS10? The scrolling thing I've seen to see all your widgets is horrible on an iPad. So much wasted space.

Xardas220

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
related to widgets I wondered:
* does it again save that when you last opened the widget view it again opens that instead of the notifications when you slide down?

No. It doesn't save the state that I left it. It always opens the Notifications not the Widgetpage even when that was the last I opened. It saves the last position "expand" or "collapsed" and then reload all widgets and collapse them when they were expanded or the opposit - expand them when they were collapsed.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
No. It doesn't save the state that I left it. It always opens the Notifications not the Widgetpage even when that was the last I opened. It saves the last position "expand" or "collapsed" and then reload all widgets and collapse them when they were expanded or the opposit - expand them when they were collapsed.

This is sooooo argh :( How can they do this each and every time. To reach out quickly to your widgets we need this to work as it did/does on my iOS 10.3.2 devices so:
* remember the last state it had (Widget page)
* remember the state of the widgets (expanded or collapsed)

This is another reason for me to stick to 10.3.2 for as long as possible besides the blocking of Settings URL schemes and various Apple apps to launch via Launcher widgets and not coming up with a complete alternative in the new Control Center.

Xardas220

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
Yes, this really is a problem... :/ But when will it be solved? :( And it seems like that only a few or hand full of people have this type of problems with the widget page.. o_O Mh, will it someday be solved? :(

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Yes, this really is a problem... :/ But when will it be solved? :( And it seems like that only a few or hand full of people have this type of problems with the widget page.. o_O Mh, will it someday be solved? :(

Untill now I've only seen iOS devices with iOS11 that have this widget problem as far as remembering last view if you refer to that. The layout of the two column widgets is no longer there at all I think which is also unfortunate.

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
Hi,
have someone else this kind of problem? I've found this on any iOS 11 releases including 11.1. It's weird that the widgets doesn't stay in the "more"-mode so you can see the big widget. Every time you load them they open or close depending on how they were before. On 0:04 you can see that I press the "less" (weniger) button which must normaly "more" (mehr) because it was already less. After I pressed the button two times they are right. It's a weird bug... It's irritating. They should stay in the "more"-option so I can see the whole widgetview.

this was a weather pro app but not an ios 11 bug. wurde aber gefixt.

ApexDE

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2008
Can‘t believe it took two dot releases to fix this Issue, but it‘s great that this nasty bug is finally gone.

Xardas220

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2017
this was a weather pro app but not an ios 11 bug. wurde aber gefixt.

This is partly wrong. Yes, Wheather Pro got an update recently and this bug was fixed on iOS 11.1.2 but the other widget (DataFlow) had the same issue but is now „fixed“ on iOS 11.2 without an app update. ;)
So, now on iOS 11.2 the expand-collapse widget bug should be fixed for all apps. :)

Can‘t believe it took two dot releases to fix this Issue, but it‘s great that this nasty bug is finally gone.

Yeah, finaly... o_O

x34

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2014
This is partly wrong. Yes, Wheather Pro got an update recently and this bug was fixed on iOS 11.1.2

the weather pro update came a few days earlier than ios 11.2. and it fixed the bug, so i assumed it was the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.