New logic board, Crippled Network

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mel64, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mel64 macrumors newbie

mel64

I have just had my logic board & battery replaced due to having no video at all. Now the Macbook Pro has network issues -

OS 10.5.4
    Can't automatically see any Macs computers on the network as Macs in the finder window menu bar(wireless or ethernet).
    Can see the ethernet Mac as a PC sometimes.
    Can see the airport express but can't configure it using Airport Utility. (even if it is connected by ethernet).
    Can't see any shared printers on the network.
    Can connect to other Macs by using "Connect to server" in the "Go" menu and the same from the other Macs to the MacBook Pro. Can't automatically see my MacBook Pro on the other Macs on the network.
    All ip address and subnet mask is all on the same network.
    Can connect to the internet router and the internet.

The Mackbook Pro kept its IP address but I don't think the MAC adresses would have remained the same. Would this cause these problems.

Thanks

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's possible the antennae didn't get reconnected. Can you get a signal if you put computer next to the router?

3. mel64 thread starter macrumors newbie

mel64

Yes it connected to router wirelessly without a problem. and I can connect to the imac through the router if I use "Connect to server"

and all sharing switches are switched on, on all computers.

4. mel64 thread starter macrumors newbie

mel64

Update.

It appears that my problem is only related to any Mac protocol / feature. I can connect to anything on the network (except the Airport express) via IP address.

Any function that is an Apple feature does not work. I have no Printer Sharing, Screen Sharing, Airport Utility configuration. My iMac and Cube appears sometimes as a PC under the "Shared" header only but I can't connect to them by clicking on their icon, I get a "Connection Failed" error.

Getting desperate.