New logic board

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kathie63, Jul 25, 2011.

1. kathie63 macrumors newbie

I have had my MBP since Jan 2010, and have had problems with it ever since. I must have called Apple 50 times and they tried this and that but nothing helped. I have been to the Genius desk several times still nothing done. I called Apple again yesterday and requested a new laptop, no can do he said. He advised I take it back to the Genius desk and they would replace the logic board, so I took it there and he checked it in and told me they would also replace the battery. I sure hope this works or I will demand a new computer.

Thank goodness for Apple Care, the bill was almost $600.00!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

The usual Apple policy is three repairs to the same component before they will consider replacing. Otherwise they just fix whatever is wrong.

3. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Since nothing has been done, then no, they will not replace your MBP. If you have had several repairs and the computer has been out of your usage for extended periods due to problems, then they may replace it at their discretion. Since you have had neither of these, through the AppleCare, you are obligated to let them at least try and repair the MBP. If you have had logs that prove your errors and they can't repair the issue(s) (and this is assuming actual issues exist), then they may replace at their discretion.
    Remember, if the issues are due to a third party add-in or program, they are under no obligation to replace nor guarantee compatibility and these issues would be considered non-issues, as log as the basic functions of the computer as designed and shipped work correctly (I know this sucks, but it is what it is).

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I also have a 2010 MBP and just last week had to have the logic board replaced. I will say that once the problem was correctly diagnosed, the repair took less than 24 hours and the MBP works flawlessly...