New Logic X - some questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CmdrLaForge, Jul 16, 2013.

1. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

I have some questions and maybe some of you know:

Will all the functions run decently on a 13" rMBP?

Can I download the additional content to an external drive? I don't want to clutter my SSD with it but would like to have it anyways.

Can I roundtrip with FCPX ?

Cheers
    LaForge:confused:

2. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Give it a couple days (or weeks) for people to buy it and review it.

3. CmdrLaForge thread starter macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Sure. I simply assumed many would just go ahead and download it. I still have the boxed version 9. . . Not sure if its worth spending the upgrade cost for me.

4. NazgulRR macrumors 6502

Yup. Symlink the /Library/Audio/ folder to an external hard drive. You can do the whole folder or only select subfolders.

5. CmdrLaForge thread starter macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Hi,
    thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I am not familiar with Symlink. How does it work?

Cheers
    LaForge

6. scottburrow macrumors newbie

7. lastcrime macrumors newbie

more specs on your mbp might help, i got it today and have been running it on my 15" and it seems fairly flawless, a little bit more processor intensive as more features have been added which seems like it may slow it down a tad on your machine...

really hard to say until someone tests it out on a 13" to begin with..

8. CmdrLaForge thread starter macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Yeah. Its #1 paid app on the app store now so should be soon.

Actually I am not worried about my current cMBP which is a 2.2 GHz quad core but my next one. For travel reasons I want to go with the next gen 13" Haswell MBP. Comes most probably only as dual core. Still skeptical about that.

----------

Sounds good. From the link

9. mim macrumors 6502

I'm running it on my 2012 11" air - 8gb ram. It's fine - almost.

I've been running LP 8 for ages, which is fine. Skipped LP 9, but have been really impressed with some of the new features.

My biggest problem is the interface. It's just too...big! LP 8 would fit fine on the 11" screen, but LPX has expanded everything. It's just not as compact.

So I'm sure it's great on a 27" screen, but slightly painful on the smaller ones. I'm coming directly from LP8 though, so if you're new to Logic you may not have the same frustration.

It's perfectly useable, but just annoying, because you can't see all the controls at once.