Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
I have some questions and maybe some of you know:

Will all the functions run decently on a 13" rMBP?

Can I download the additional content to an external drive? I don't want to clutter my SSD with it but would like to have it anyways.

Can I roundtrip with FCPX ?

Cheers
LaForge:confused:

And1ss

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Give it a couple days (or weeks) for people to buy it and review it.

NazgulRR

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2010
Can I download the additional content to an external drive? I don't want to clutter my SSD with it but would like to have it anyways.

Yup. Symlink the /Library/Audio/ folder to an external hard drive. You can do the whole folder or only select subfolders.

lastcrime

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2013
more specs on your mbp might help, i got it today and have been running it on my 15" and it seems fairly flawless, a little bit more processor intensive as more features have been added which seems like it may slow it down a tad on your machine...

really hard to say until someone tests it out on a 13" to begin with..

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
more specs on your mbp might help, i got it today and have been running it on my 15" and it seems fairly flawless, a little bit more processor intensive as more features have been added which seems like it may slow it down a tad on your machine...

really hard to say until someone tests it out on a 13" to begin with..

Yeah. Its #1 paid app on the app store now so should be soon.

Actually I am not worried about my current cMBP which is a 2.2 GHz quad core but my next one. For travel reasons I want to go with the next gen 13" Haswell MBP. Comes most probably only as dual core. Still skeptical about that.

----------

Sounds good. From the link

In my recent post about pairing SSD and HDD storage inside a MacBook Pro, I used a little-known command line feature to redirect some of my user folders from the SSD to the hard drive. I wanted OS X to still refer to the default locations of ~/Documents, ~/Downloads and so on for these folders, but I wanted to use the storage space on the big drive for these kinds of files. Symbolic Links (symlinks) are a function of the UNIX underpinnings of OS X to create something like an alias, but at a low-level in the filesystem.

mim

macrumors 6502
I'm running it on my 2012 11" air - 8gb ram. It's fine - almost.

I've been running LP 8 for ages, which is fine. Skipped LP 9, but have been really impressed with some of the new features.

My biggest problem is the interface. It's just too...big! LP 8 would fit fine on the 11" screen, but LPX has expanded everything. It's just not as compact.

So I'm sure it's great on a 27" screen, but slightly painful on the smaller ones. I'm coming directly from LP8 though, so if you're new to Logic you may not have the same frustration.

It's perfectly useable, but just annoying, because you can't see all the controls at once.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.