iPad New Logitech Ultrathin cover for the Air or the previous non-tile Ultrathin?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sclough, Jun 12, 2014.

1. sclough macrumors regular

I'm wondering if anyone has used both the original Logitech ultrathin keyboard cover for iPad Air and the new model that has the tilt. The few reviews I've been able to find vary. Some say the new one is the best keyboard yet and others say it's not really better than the old ones, which are currently about half the price of the new one.

I know they added a row of iPad keys to the new one. Any comments on whether the typing experience is improved over the first generation one and whether there are any significant issues with the new model?

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I only have the new one with the tilt so I can't speak to the comparison. However, I really do like the typing experience with the new version. The keys are nicely spaced, located correctly and the top function key row is a bonus. I also use the tilt feature all the time. If using on a desk, I tilt at one angle and use another angle for typing on my lap. I did a review comparing the Logitech vs. the ZaggKeys and the Logitech hits all the features I'm looking for in a keyboard.

Go to Best Buy and try out the Logitech keyboards. I had such an awful typing experience with the ZaggKeys due to double keystrokes, that I didn't want to have another problem. So I brought in my iPad and tried it on the Logitech to make sure it worked correctly. I got a few CS reps come over and ask if I needed any assistance but none of them told me I couldn't try out the keyboards.

3. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

+1 on checking out both and a best buy. I was lucky enough that my best buy had both versions on display. Honestly I liked the keys of the old version more and so that is the one I got (but I got it for $45 on ebay - not worth full price!). But I didn't try the new version that extensively.

I'm typing this post using the old logitech ultrathin keyboard cover and so far I like it. I don't use a keyboard with my iPad that often though so for me it wasn't worth the money to get the new version.

If they have fixed the closing issue it might be worth it to get the new version (the cover doesn't close all the way on the ipad which makes it necessary to turnoff the autowake feature if you are going to carry the ipad + cover around in a bag). But honestly if you need to save money the old version isn't bad either. The actual typing experience is great.