New love for Glances

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spiderman0616, May 12, 2015.

1. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

So I know a lot of people are down on the Glances aspect of the Apple Watch. I am the opposite. I'm on my second full week wearing this thing, and it seems like every day I'm still finding new things that make me love it even more.

Glances, to me, are an important part of the Apple Watch. The problem is that they can get overwhelming and cluttered if you don't select and arrange them carefully. What I do that I've found helpful is take a right/left/middle approach. For example:

Fitness rings and Weather are in the middle. I look at those two the most, so when I pull up my Glances, it's usually already on one of those two things. To the left of them are the things I don't look at very often but DO want in a glance if necessary. For example: settings, power options, stocks, flight information. To the right of them are the things I may look at any given day. For example, MLB scores, heart rate, Deliveries app, and music playback.

So I've essentially trained my brain that swipe up is for the 2 most used glances that I want to see every day, swipe left is for stuff I don't often use but need sometimes (the further left I swipe, the less important the glance is), swipe right is for the stuff I use almost daily (the further right I swipe, the less useful the Glance is in my hierarchy).

I've found that using this method and treating Glances like I treat the widget slide down pane on my iPhone has made the Watch even more useful than I originally thought.

Not saying this is how everybody should do it, just making a suggestion as to what I have found to be super helpful.

2. swandy macrumors regular

I also like Glances - though from what I have read, the more you have the more drain on the Watch's battery because of the updating.
    I set it up with my most frequent (Battery - because my favorite face is Mickey and it only allows three configurable data infos, Music, Calendar Weather) on the left but I think I like your idea of the most important ones in the middle and then go left or right. Might try to set it up that way.