new mabook wake time

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cromestant, Oct 26, 2008.

1. cromestant macrumors member

Hello, I just bought the new alu macbook, just love it...

one thing that is odd though is that after waking it from sleep, the airport card takes about 40 secs to find the home network ( says scanning).. I wonder if anyone has this problem too?

My previous MB ( first gen black macbook) it was almost instantaneous, also, this one i restored form the time machine bckp disk from my old black mb , could that be the issue?

thanks.

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Since you just got a new laptop I would probably just reinstall OSX without doing a Time Machine Restore. All of the files will be newer and better and it will likely fix a lot of the problems you are having.

3. cromestant thread starter macrumors member

yes but i d have to reinstall everything... i d loose my pics , music apps ( apps i can redownload.

If this is a problem of old files beeing inherited ( although i doubt it because the new gestures would not work with old system files or the other osx build)

then i d have no pb reinstalling with a clean copy and finding a way to backup music and other things. but I highly doubted i m just wondering if other pple have the same problem.

i might stop by the apple store tonight, so i ll check with the display models if this happens.