New Mac app: Ultimate Canadian Campground Project

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kylekai, Mar 11, 2015.

1. kylekai macrumors member

Thinking of camping in Canada? Then this app is for you. Lists 2,465 campground locations across Canada. An iPhone version is due out soon.
    More info

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Great stuff; the US version is amazing. It's the best source for camping info bar none. The Canadian one looks to be just as good; I've been on it for a while today testing out my favorite sites. It might be missing a few forestry sites in western Canada, but it's been a while since I've been to those spots so I don't even know if they are there anymore.

Can't wait for iOS version; having it on the go is a huge plus, and I assume it can store the basic data on the device for offline use, like the US one? Essential out in the boonies (you don't get a map from the internet but you do have GPS coordinates you can enter into a device or use without a map, and info like elevation, facilities, and so on).

3. kylekai thread starter macrumors member

Yes, all the camping data is contained with the app. For the iOS version, except for the map, no Internet is needed. However, if you have the map cached, then you'll be able to view the map offline as well. If I'm traveling to an area with no Internet, I try and view the area on the map I'm gong to because that caches the map tiles to the device, and those cached map tiles can be used later when there's no Internet.

4. kylekai thread starter macrumors member

I also wanted to add that we’re still working on the BC Forest Service sites, of which there are MANY, and will be adding them soon. Thanks for your interest.