New Mac Book Pro owner

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pmartel, May 1, 2015.

1. Pmartel macrumors newbie

Hi;

I just bought my FIRST Mac last week, the 13 inch Notebook Pro with 2.9ghz processor.

I'm in love.

Have been a PC owner for years and got fed up after the PC bombed on a video project.

Having been somewhat familiar with older Macs, OS 10 Yosemity KILLS Windows.

Final Cut Pro X will be a learning curve as bought that as well

I'm keeping the old PC boat anchor for streaming audio and video and plan to get the 2TB external hard drive the Apple store has

I'M HAPPY!!

Cheers all

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Congrats wit your new toys. I think you should start learning iMovie app as you get used to it then you will have no problems and able to transfer events and projects to Final Cut Pro X.

Enjoy your new toy!! :apple:

3. Pmartel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I adapt pretty quickly to new technology for a guy who's getting close to 60.

Having worked in a call center doing phone tech support kept me up on most things.

Go figure I have most of the toys but no mobile phone in Canada.

That's where I use the old fashioned Bell land line

I even managed to get wifi set up in my apt for the laptop and want to network the pc to the Mac

4. apeligros macrumors newbie

At first, sorry for my english.
    Im a new owner for the retina macbook pro 13 inches, the 2015 brand new.
    Using my force touch trackpad, i have realized that at the bottom of the trackpad, when your using it to select a part of a sentence, or selecting a few words, is difficult or is imposible to select. you have to take your finger more "up" through the trackpad to finally select a part of a sentence.

for example, try to select 2 o 3 words of a sentence in this message, and do it with the part of the trackpad closer (almost to the edge) to the bottom of the computer. If you do it from the top, it is ok, but ffrom the bottom part, is almost imposible.

Rest of functions are working great in the trackpad in that area, except what i say.

Please try yours if you have a new one, and let me know if it happens the same.

Thanks all,

Regards from Spain