New Mac Book Pro problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Docadd, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Docadd macrumors newbie

Docadd

I received my refurbished MacBook Pro today but have had some issues since receiving it. Manly things like logging into things like iCloud and iTunes.

Passwords are 100% correct and login as well. Tested it on my iPad.

If I try to log in at the setup it would freeze the screen where I had to power down the Mac and try again..... In the end I had to enter system recover mode and re download the OS. Now that worked until I tried to log into iMessage and FaceTime. It keeps saying there is an Internet connection issue which there is not because I can use Safari.

Does this sound like an hardware issue because I am really pulling my hair out and this is not a good first impression of a refurb apple product.

Thanks for any advice. Just to let you know I have a call scheduled with Apple tomorrow.

2. Docadd thread starter macrumors newbie

Docadd

3. nelcomm macrumors newbie

Yup so much about "It just works!".

I got brand new MB Pro yesterday, and it kept freezing when I tried to login to Apple ID during initial setup.

Like you I ended up doing recovery+reinstalled OS. For me that seems to have resolved the issues, but I dont use iMessages so not sure if theres any problems there. I can access Appstore,iCloud etc.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Usually worth giving https://www.apple.com/uk/support/systemstatus/ a check if in doubt (or your country's equivalent)

5. Docadd thread starter macrumors newbie

Docadd

You know what I got my new MacBook Pro yesterday! And I could not get past the initial setup hence the recovery mode and fresh download..... I was starting to think I should never of purchased a refurbished product!