Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stradders

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2007
Wales - United Kingdom
Yesterday I went to several large retailers in the UK to look at 17"MBP's . I was quite surprised to find that Currys , PC world and DSG shops didn't have any in stock. I asked why they had none in stock and was told that they are clearing down their stock ready for New products set for November. I asked if they meant Leopard ? I was told no - they are expecting new Mac Book Pro's .
Are we expecting New MBP's this close to the last update - if so I am going to wait before I buy.

kumbaya

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2005
makes no sense to clear stock in august for new product in november..

try apple online, or local apple resellers: link

:) :apple:

ChrisTheHokie

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2007
Yesterday I went to several large retailers in the UK to look at 17"MBP's . I was quite surprised to find that Currys , PC world and DSG shops didn't have any in stock. I asked why they had none in stock and was told that they are clearing down their stock ready for New products set for November. I asked if they meant Leopard ? I was told no - they are expecting new Mac Book Pro's .
Are we expecting New MBP's this close to the last update - if so I am going to wait before I buy.

Today's post asking if low product stock indicates an upcoming revision. :rolleyes: There's at least one every day. ;)

Iced Angel

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Most of the apple stores are out of MBPs ... better to say all of them, and that's for several days ... i guess they're expecting new revisions or something :confused:

silvestri

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2007
Most of the apple stores are out of MBPs ... better to say all of them, and that's for several days ... i guess they're expecting new revisions or something :confused:

I have called about 15 Apple stores in my area in hopes of getting a Macbook Pro for university and all of them have told me they are out of stock (more so anti-glare rather then glossy) I even just purchased one online at the apple store to only receive a ship date/deliver date that is 2 weeks from Friday. So either they are back ordered or they are having problems with getting some of the hardware on hands to meet the demand.

Helfeather

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
Well, I have heard rumours from my friends that a lot of manufacturers are issuing a new line of laptops late this year, around Oct - Dec?

DeepShadows

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2007
I think these new MBP are very attractive to people who are buying a notebook for the first time, and people who are switching....

I would know because I am one of the first type. I was looking at buying an Asus G1S-A1 but the MBP was so much prettier and lighter and better etc. that I couldn't pass it up. I think you guys don't realize that this current version of the MBP is a lot more popular than before for whatever reason. The simple reason that you guys are finding that they are out of stock is that people are buying them, not because of short stock or because there is a new revision on the way.... they are just that good!

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I've yet to meet a single person in either a Dixons, Currys or PC World who know what they hell they were talking about. Ignore them, like others have said, you don't clear the shelves for something due in November.
Not that they would know this far in advance anyways... Stevie boy like his secrets...

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
He said 17" MBP. That is plausible if Apple were to release a new revision with an LED screen. Other than that, all MBs and MBPs aren't going to change until the winter at the earliest.

benxx11

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2007
Washington, D.C.
YES, it's coming

I just talked a very good friend of mine who is working for Apple (let's call him Stevie...). Yes, new MBPs are on their way and they are SO revolutionary and just gonna revolutionize this revolution...

RCGMac

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
I don't see anymore major computer updates until after Leopard is released. IMHO, the next big release will be iPods, followed by Leopard in October.

I think some of the supply issues are due to the fact that many people are buying computer's before school starts, but who knows. I would be VERY suprised if new computer revisions would come out now, especially since there is nothing in the rumor mill pointing to that outcome.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
I just talked a very good friend of mine who is working for Apple (let's call him Stevie...). Yes, new MBPs are on their way and they are SO revolutionary and just gonna revolutionize this revolution...

lol, that made me laugh thanks!

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK

That's it. I'm convinced. Totally awesome that you know Stevie!

shoppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Hants
With all due respect we are talking about PC world, half them do not half a clue what they are on about.

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007

:eek:You mean they are going to revolutionize the revolution of revolutioning?! That's a revolution!

MacHiavelli

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2007
new york

In the UK, that has to do with clearing stock with iLife 06 to make way for MBPs with iLife 08.

vicious7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2007
Jacked into the net...
:eek:You mean they are going to revolutionize the revolution of revolutioning?! That's a revolution!

You misunderstand. I think what he meant was that the evolution that was to revolutionize the MBP has devolved into a revolving volume of problematic MBPs which, ironically, has revolted many because the expected revolution of LED screens has developed into a perceived devolution of Apple products. :confused:

jrodatus

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2007

Can anyone else confirm this?

Not that it wouldn't be like Apple to surprise us, but the back to school explanation makes a great deal more sense, especially considering that they've probably got their hands full with Leopard and new iPods.

Or perhaps they are purging the yellow screens? :)

jrodatus

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2007
yes we have ... several times :confused:
that's what matter for me now ... to find out "why"

People are hesitating to buy their MBPs right before Leopard is released, but need an additional reason to wait. Add that the entire Mac community is *itching* for a MBP update, and you have a recipe for anxiety and speculation :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.