New Mac Book.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alladi333, Nov 29, 2007.

1. alladi333 macrumors newbie

:apple: hey guyz......
    i have a question, when i checked a BFD site, it stated that apple is going to release completely new version of mac books (redesigned) in the month of january 2008, i placed an order for mac book on BF day and later after seeing that site i have cancelled my order :eek: and waiting for the update....
    can any one confirm this and has any idea about that, and discuss what is the update....:confused:

Thanks in advance........:D

2. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

There is no confirmation available at this time, but Apple is rumored to be close to releasing an ultracompact MacBook in an aluminum enclosure, possibly with a solid-state hard drive and possibly without an optical drive. It is also speculated that they may utilize Penryn processors and they may have a multitouch touch pad. As far as I know, there is no evidence to confirm any of this, and the expected timetable is unknown, although MWSF would make sense for such an announcement.

3. erikamsterdam macrumors regular

erikamsterdam

If I were you I would just buy the Macbook and enjoy it. It might get announced in January, introduced in March or so, then you have to wait a bit for all the bugs to be worked out of it. All that time you can enjoy your Macbook already which is fantastic as it is.

4. alladi333 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you...

thank you guyz....for quick reply....
    i ll go ahead and place an order today.....:)

:cool:

5. f1 macrumors 6502

If you're going to base your buying decisions solely on reports from RUMOR sites you'll never own a macbook or any Apple produce for that matter.

6. alladi333 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah....f1 ....
    I have realized that, there is lot of bias about product updates etc......if v check the RUMOR sites before going for a mac book v cant buy one.....but its human nature to get more and more.....:p
    anywayz....thanks for u r reply....

take care

7. tianuk3 macrumors member

I had the same dilemna mate but the way I see it is if it does go ultra portable

1. no more optical drive so no more dvds on the move :-(
    2. solid state HDD so very limited storage space, I NEED 200gb :D

so that wont bother me, and it has just received a normal update so I really doubt it will be that much updated in January if it doesnt go ultraportable, it has everyone i want for it at the moment anyways...