New Mac buyer!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mactastic91, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Mactastic91 macrumors newbie

Hello all! I'm new to apple products but I will be switching to the dark side soon. Right nOw I'm torn between the baseline 15", the 13" with 2.7 i7, 128 ssd, 8g ram, or a 2010 refurb 15" 2.66 i7, 128ssd, 4g of ram. Which ever one I go with will be used for school over the next 4-5 years.In addition to ms office I use a lot of logic, garage band and Photoshop, am an extreme multitasker, and download a lot of torrents.

I already have an external hd by the way.

Thanks for your help guys!
    James

Accidentally posted this in the MacBook section! Sincerely apologize for getting on everyones nerves, and for all the newbs seeking help today lol.

2. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Don't get the SSD from Apple. You can get better ones for cheaper or at least equal pricing. And buy the RAM from somewhere else too.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Go for the high end 13. Buy stock ram and hard drive and the upgrade to 8 gb and SSD from somewhere else.

4. Mactastic91 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive been strongly considering the 13. Can you guys elaborate on buying SSS from another source? I've been pricing them and can't seem to find many 128g at less than 180. Unless they're just flat out better. Thanks for the quick replies btw!