New Mac Convert - Keyboard and Mouse Recommendation

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jeme, Jun 18, 2009.

1. jeme macrumors regular

Hello - got a 13 MBP and liked is some much I went out and purchased a mini. I currently have a Logitech MX5500, but it does not appear to be fully supported by OSX. I need something that works with both windows and OSX as on the desktop I will be using a 50/50 split. I really enjoy the Logitech mouse products. So any recommendations?

I prefer to go wireless if at all possible. thanks in advance for the help!

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

All mine are Logitech. Check to see if they have new drivers for OS X for your existing mouse.

3. jeme thread starter macrumors regular

The MX5500 is bluetooth and the keyboard works but the mouse does not - or most times does not.....

4. jeme thread starter macrumors regular

OK - still having some issues the Logitech set I have, while I love it is difficult. I need a wireless keyboard and mouse recommendation that will work with OSX and Windows 7. Any recommendations?

5. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

Apple Keyboard (with the numpad) + Logitech MX 1100 + USB Overdrive = my killer combo at the moment.

6. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Converted a couple of months ago as well. Had a rough time getting used to their wireless keyboard mouse combo. After a week I was fine.

When i boot into Windows 7, i pull out my MX3200 and turn off the mac keyboard. works great.

7. jeme thread starter macrumors regular

Does the wireless mac keyboard and mouse support windows 7?

8. jeme thread starter macrumors regular

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The apple wireless keyboard is sick. Awesome aluminum metal design, very small and lightweight. Typing also feels real good, nice and soft feel to it.

10. jeme thread starter macrumors regular

Does the apple wireless keyboard work with windows 7 via bluetooth? also what mouse do you use?

11. cmhsam macrumors 6502

havent tried the apple wireless mouse and keyboard with windows 7. i dont boot into Windows much anymore but if i do i just pull out the logitech solution.