New mac convert/MacBook Pro tips???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by laurenjeanbean, Feb 7, 2010.

1. laurenjeanbean macrumors newbie

Hello all -

I am going to be starting college in the fall and am looking forward to buying my first Apple computer (I have a 3G iPhone as well)! I have been using Windows longer than I can remember and am frankly very tired of the OS and the crap that comes along with PCs. I am planning on getting the 13" MBP 2.53GHz 320GB hard drive version, but am holding off for the update (which I am absolutely DYING for).

Does anyone have any tips for a new Mac convert? I use an iMac at work but am still very new at all things Apple. Anything would be very much appreciated! :D

2. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I'm glad you're taking the Risk, It's not that insane, as i understand you're going to college it means you're young so it won't be hard, on the first 2 days you'll find it confusing and saying a lot of "wow" and "nice" after your first week you'll already be into it and saying how nice OS X is and after a month you'll be some sort of power-user freak which saves hours of work with OS X compared to windows

3. NetShroud macrumors newbie

NetShroud

I'm in the same boat as you, except I look to get a Core 2 or Arrandale Macbook, depending on pricing.

For me, the number one thing seems to be to remember to use Cmd+ instead of Ctrl+