Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Just posting a link as a public service announcement for those still looking for Aperture alternatives.

Macphun announced their first, all-in-one photo editing solution called Luminar. Designed exclusively for Mac, "Luminar is built for user convenience, simplicity, and creativity" and will be available for pre-order on November 2nd at the discounted price of $59. The official launch is on November 17th and the price will be $69.

http://photorumors.com/2016/10/18/macphun-announced-luminar-a-new-photo-editing-solution/

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
But note how little Macphun is saying. Luminar is a potential replacement for what...Lr only, Lr + Ps? Does it have a browser and library function? How do you use other plugins with it? We all know Macphun totally screwed up porting their Creative Kit Apps like Intensify and Aurora HDR to Sierra. If I had a dime for all the crash reports I sent them....

We need Macphun to publish full proper descriptions and comparisons. More substance and less smoke....especially in this election year.

Reactions: Xteec and dwig

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
But note how little Macphun is saying. Luminar is a potential replacement for what...Lr only, Lr + Ps? Does it have a browser and library function? How do you use other plugins with it? We all know Macphun totally screwed up porting their Creative Kit Apps like Intensify and Aurora HDR to Sierra. If I had a dime for all the crash reports I sent them....

We need Macphun to publish full proper descriptions and comparisons. More substance and less smoke....especially in this election year.

LOL at your last line. I'm not experienced at all with Macphun products other than I think most of them came from NIK (and I still use NIK plugins). I just saw the news article and posted it. Good info for folks who are looking for something though. I'm happy with C1Pro.

Dana Beck

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2010
Tulsa, OK

A few of these are answered in the "Comments" section (bottom of Announcement page), I found. Specifically, the "browser/library function" (as in LR) is "scheduled to be added," according to an employee, as is batch processing also; I think they said in a December 2016 update. Several folks asked about OS support…none of these OS questions were answered, I noted, per your observation, so not sure if this is Sierra compatible, as their listed launch date is Nov 17.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
While this is interesting news, I prefer cross platform solutions, and while I'll consider this product, I agree with @MCAsan, in that there's too little info.

I'm personally thinking of getting C1 Pro as I look to ditch LR

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.