new mac! first time mac user!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rambosou, Jun 12, 2007.

1. rambosou macrumors newbie

Hey everybody... just wanted to say I switched from Windows to MAC OS X!

I bought a Mac Book Pro last week and it just arrived. I can already say that I am deeply in love with it. :) :)

Are there any programs that I should get. Anything that anybody recommends for customization and such?! I'd really like to get the low down on how people use their Macs so let me know!

Thanks!!

2. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Check out the Applications subforum, theres plenty of suggestions for programs there.

Congrats :)

3. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Keyboard shortcuts are the most important thing to learn. Those have been the most useful thing for me.

4. anothermacaddic macrumors member

Keyboard shortcuts? Now those are fun! Get an ipod if you dont have one, and then a itv, then maybe someday you will get a iphone and you will be really living the ilife. Try editing some photos. Go to versiontracker and get a bunch of apps and try them out.

Keyboard shortcuts!

5. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

Congratulations!

Check This thread. Lots of suggestions there.

6. rambosou thread starter macrumors newbie

7. keenkreations macrumors regular

You can PM me if you have certain programs that you miss from Windows that can be replaced with Mac app equivalents. I just have to say that Quicksilver is one of the best apps that I have ever discovered for the Mac, since it streamlines my work flow.

8. Xavier macrumors 68020

I also just ordered my MPB but it hasn't come in yet. Even though I have always been on Mac, I am very excited for when it comes in!

9. MattJessop macrumors regular

MattJessop

Yeah, Quicksilver is the one thing that you would REALLY miss on Windows, which is why I HAD to get Launchy :p (The Windows equiv, even has a Quicksilver theme)

Personally one app I say you would HAVE to get is SuperDuper! - and then couple this with Time Machine in Leopard, and you will NEVER worry about back ups ever again :p