New Mac guy with a problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JDShellnutt, Feb 28, 2012.

1. JDShellnutt macrumors newbie

My PC crashed which is where I had iTunes installed and my ipad2 synced.
    I know have a new iMac and it won't let me push my music from my iPad2 to the new iMac. The old windows 7 pc and the iPad2 were the only places that had all my music. So what I'm asking is there a way to get my music from my iPad to my new iMac?

When I tell it to sync it says this iPad is synced with another computer and it asks me if I want to erase and sync from this computer. If I do that everything on my iPad will be lost .

I know this is a newbie question and I apologize and thank you in advance.

2. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Install this application on your new iMac, plugin your pad (don't sync, just let it be plugged into a USB port), and open the application. You'll see the file structure and can drag and drop from your iPad onto your computer.

http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

Good luck!

3. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Did you get the music from iTunes?
    if so log into iTunes on your mac
    go to the "purchased folder"
    and download it all

4. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Detune will let you copy music from your device as well. Used it myself. You can also download the app "song exporter" and download tracks as well. I think they are individual tracks though, rather than bulk.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Good responses above -- I'm assuming you didn't have backups of your PC? If you did have backups, it could be possible to pull those into the mac and retreive your music library that way.

Definitely think about how you'll back up your Mac. Time Machine is so easy it's almost criminal not to be doing regular backups... ;)