New Mac in order

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SR 7, May 14, 2015.

1. SR 7 macrumors regular

So I finally decided to go with a new Mac but I have heard that a new Mac update is coming out so I am assuming the wise thing would be to wait but not sure if the update is for all models or just the 15" macs.

Any idea when the expected release might be and if the 13" will receive one as well?

2. yukari macrumors regular

If you are looking for 13" MBP, they just updated it in February. So it will most surely will not be updated again this year.

People who are waiting for the update are ones looking for 15" MBP.

3. SR 7 thread starter macrumors regular

Was there a massive change in the 13?

Is the 15" just getting a new processor?

My MacBook is from 08 so kind of rusty on what the changes are now a days lol

For instance my memory has been upgraded to 5gb and feel it is still slow, and my hd is at 500gb upgraded from the 150 it came with. When I check the mac store most seem to come with similar memory but low gb so I am wondering if there is any perfermance change or it will be the same as my current Mac?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It was a spec bump. Faster, more efficient CPU. Faster GPU, RAM, SSD, and the Force touch trackpad.

Nobody knows. It'll probably get a new CPU, GPU, faster RAM, SSD and Force Touch trackpad.

Any new Mac is going to be faster than yours. They have less storage because they're all SSDs now; much much faster, but also more expensive.

5. SR 7 thread starter macrumors regular

I changed my HD to a hybrid ssd but I wouldn't take SSD while losing so much space.

So what would one do that needs more than 400gb?

6. SR 7 thread starter macrumors regular

128gb? Really? Who in 2015 uses less than 128gb