New Mac Mini and Rev A? File transfering and idea question.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NYU02, Apr 29, 2009.

1. NYU02 macrumors regular

I have an apple cinema display already and can get a new mac mini for free (won a bet). I have been in the market for a MBA and was leaning towards a a rev B but with this situation, should I just use my mini as a main computer and buy a referb Rev A?

My main concern is file sharing. Is it easy to share my itunes library between computers? and files, etc...

Would you recommend this setup? My laptop will be used just for light internet, music, office use.

Also, my building has a wifi service that I pay for instead of using time warner or someone. Can I use this over that network? If not, what are my other options with transfering files?

Thanks,
    NYU02

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i like the idea of the refurb route. its a great program that often gets overlooked.

as for how easy is sharing, its pretty simple if you are computer savvy. i've known some ppl to have a real hard time but they were complete imbeciles when it came to computers.

i dont see why your mac wouldnt be able to use your Wifi service. also shouldnt effect sharing capabilities.